Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cold Air Intake preference question???

Old 06-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
hawaiifiveo is on a distinguished road
Name: Bobby
hawaiifiveo's Tacoma Gallery
Cold Air Intake preference question???

Just wanted to ask forum members which one do you prefer? Leaning towards K&N or AEM air intake for a 3.4 V6

Also, which one sounds better and did you notice any HP increase?

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
brianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianpdx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiifiveo View Post
Just wanted to ask forum members which one do you prefer? Leaning towards K&N or AEM air intake for a 3.4 V6

Thanks!
I'm jealous of your member number!
Old 06-18-2013, 03:33 AM   #4
Don't be a dick
ARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ARB1977's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiifiveo View Post

Thanks!
Intakes are ghey on the 3.4L. Elbow mod and call it good.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:37 AM   #5
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Just do the deck plate mod. Very inexpensive and just as good.
I second this
Old 06-18-2013, 03:40 AM   #6
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
makes more noise, doesn't add HP, and it drains your wallet a bit,

elbow mod, deck plate if you want the noise,,,,
Old 06-18-2013, 03:53 AM   #7
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
makes more noise, doesn't add HP, and it drains your wallet a bit,

elbow mod, deck plate if you want the noise,,,,
I thought gadget had a dyno sheet showing some gain....am I wrong?
I don't follw 1st gens too well, but I rlly thought the deckplate did something for ya guys
Old 06-18-2013, 05:39 AM   #8
Christian Off Road Engineering
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clint
C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed slightly quicker throttle response and maybe 1 mpg gain, its mainly sound. Negligible horsepower gain. I still recommend it because of how easy it is. And I also recommend to do the ISR mod along with it for the full effect.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:54 AM   #9
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
I thought gadget had a dyno sheet showing some gain....am I wrong?
I don't follw 1st gens too well, but I rlly thought the deckplate did something for ya guys
Yeah, I'm pretty sure there were gains in HP. I definitely felt it in the seat-o-pants meter and sounded nice too. Can't be beat for the $10 investment.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:40 AM   #10
I Like Getting Sideways In The Dirt
TRDEAN is on a distinguished road
Name: Austin
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure there were gains in HP. I definitely felt it in the seat-o-pants meter and sounded nice too. Can't be beat for the $10 investment.
I have a 4 cylinder 04 reg cab. Am I able to do it? And where do I get the parts to do the deck plate? Help!!
Old 06-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #11
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDEAN View Post
I have a 4 cylinder 04 reg cab. Am I able to do it? And where do I get the parts to do the deck plate? Help!!
There's lots of info here about it, just do a search. Any marine supply store with have them. I went with a 4 inch on my 2.7.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #12
colson12 is on a distinguished road

Name: cameron
colson12's Tacoma Gallery
what is the deck plate mod??