Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

specific gearing question (urgent)

Old 06-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
student, land scaper, toyota fanatic
motostar00 has a brilliant futuremotostar00 has a brilliant futuremotostar00 has a brilliant futuremotostar00 has a brilliant futuremotostar00 has a brilliant futuremotostar00 has a brilliant futuremotostar00 has a brilliant futuremotostar00 has a brilliant futuremotostar00 has a brilliant futuremotostar00 has a brilliant futuremotostar00 has a brilliant future
Name: Ryan
motostar00's Tacoma Gallery
specific gearing question (urgent)

so i am regearing from 3.90 to 4.56 front and back. i bought them from a friend who had them in his tacoma. same motor and axles. i bought the ring gears, pinion, and third member. the shims and pinion were not removed or touched. all i did was replace his carriers with the ones from my third members. the carriers are the same but his spider gears were welded and i did not want that so i changed it with my carriers (which are the same). my question is if i need to set my gears and back lashthem? i didnt think i did since it was already set up for the same model tacoma and axle. plus the carriers are i dentical.. im a little new to gearing and such. any help would be appreciated!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
Insert witty title here
Seventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chris
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Seventh
You should post the solution/answer, in case someone else finds this in a search.