Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Post pics of OME/ DAKAR leaf packs

Old 06-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Post pics of OME/ DAKAR leaf packs

Hey guys I'm trying to figure out if my 1 month old DAKARS are already worn out. They have a little "wave" to them and looking a little flat. I've only had them On for a month and havent towed anything or done any off roading. If your able could you post pics of your DAKAR leaf springs mounted on the truck.

I have a 1st gen double cab, so pics of the same kinda truck would be awesome, but really I just want to see what your DAKAR leaf springs look like compared to mine. My leaf springs are supposed to provide 2.25" of lift, according to toy tec.

Part #'s for the springs I have are CS046RA = driver side
CS046RB = passenger side

If you have an AAL or longer than stock shackles could you put that in your post.

Thanks for the help!

Old 06-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Dakars are designed to be pretty flat. They can also appear to have a bit of a "wave" like you describe because they are NOT a constant arc, but have a flat section in the middle where the ubolts go. This flat section allows for the springs to seat properly on the spring perch and so the ubolts don't have to pull against the arch of the spring to get the spring to seat.

Here's a photo of my Dakars (with the extra D6XL add a leaf) on my truck. These are ~3 years old. I also have 1.5" longer shackles

Another one from this winter before the ubolt flip.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I guess I should have posted pics of my own...
Attached Thumbnails
Post pics of OME/ DAKAR leaf packs-image.jpg  
Old 06-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Looks normal to me. Do you have a topper or any other extra weight in the back?
Old 06-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #5

Here's a pic of the passenger side
Attached Thumbnails
Post pics of OME/ DAKAR leaf packs-image.jpg  
Old 06-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Looks normal to me. Do you have a topper or any other extra weight in the back?
Awesome, yeah after I saw yours to compare I felt better. No I don't have anything else in the back. It's just the weight of the truck. Did you ever have an issue with Rear Driver Side Lean? I have about a .5" difference from the rear driver.

Thanks Adam!
Old 06-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
Neighborhood Know-it-all

After seeing the second pic I'm convinced your springs are fine. I do have a slight driver side lean
Old 06-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #8
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
i don't have any pics to share, but my Dakars look identical to both of yours: mostly flat with a slight wave. no issues with performance. i've been very pleased.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #9

Just got off the phone with Toytec. Person I spoke with said the spring with the "+" sign on it should go on the driver side because the + sign means its arched a little more. Before I installed I was told that the part number ending in letter "A" goes on driver side and part number ending in letter "B" goes on passenger side. So that's what I did. I went to check where the "+" sign is and it's on the passenger side. Maybe that's where my .5" driver side lean is comming from.

If anyone has the time, could you check your leaf pack and see where the + sign is at on yours, driver side or passenger side?
Old 06-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #10
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
The Spring with A goes on the Driver side, B goes on the Passenger side.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #11

Thanks Dan, I also got this confirmed by calling ARB and speaking to their tech guys. So I do have them on the correct side. I think to fix the rear lean I'm gonna try a 1/4 inch top spacer for the front driver side. I was told it should perch up the front driver side, which would bring the rear passenger down a smudge, and also bring up the rear driver side a slight bit. Hopefully all in all leveling out the truck, or close to it.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #12
hossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud of
hossmaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Dakars are designed to be pretty flat. They can also appear to have a bit of a "wave" like you describe because they are NOT a constant arc, but have a flat section in the middle where the ubolts go. This flat section allows for the springs to seat properly on the spring perch and so the ubolts don't have to pull against the arch of the spring to get the spring to seat.

Here's a photo of my Dakars (with the extra D6XL add a leaf) on my truck. These are ~3 years old. I also have 1.5" longer shackles

Another one from this winter before the ubolt flip.
which one is the D6XL? Thanks
Old 06-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #13
License2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
License2Ill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossmaster View Post
which one is the D6XL? Thanks
Third one down from the top.

Btw, All the pics in this thread look like my dakars also.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #14

I've read up on one of Adams (box rocket) threads from a couple months ago. Basically stating that our DAKARS are happiest when flat, and are built to not obtain so much arch yet they still provide the strength to carry the weight of the truck plus any additional weight from towing, bumper, bed shell...etc

I'm happy to hear my DAKARS are normal, after seeing some pics of Doug's(4WD) rebuilt leaf springs, those things are arched like the letter U. So in was worried my new springs were shot. Gladly they r not.

Anyone else here running longer shackles with the DAKARS? I've seen a couple longer shackles that say they provide 1" or 2" of lift. Is this true? Do they provide what they say or is it less than or more than?
I'm thinking of getting the ToyTec adjustable from 1",1.5", 2" shackles so I can play with the height I want. Especially after I add a plate rear bumper and my sliders.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #15
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Shackles are shackles (mostly). They will provide .5" of lift for every inch longer than stock they are. For instance if your current shackles are 5" on center from pin to pin and you install a set of shackles that are 7" on center pin to pin you will have a shackle that is 2" longer and will give 1" of lift.