Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Factory LSD option available for 96 AC 2.4 auto 5-lug?

Old 06-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
jvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
jvswaim's Tacoma Gallery
Factory LSD option available for 96 AC 2.4 auto 5-lug?

Apparently there was an off road pkg available for the 4x2 with LSD, but I assume it was a 6-lug.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
No 1st gen Tacomas came from the factory with LSD.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I know the locker was an option with the 4-banger TRD package but haven't heard of an LSD for a first gen. Even if there was, it sure wouldn't be on a 5 lug. Your best bet is a "lunchbox locker". I've heard good things about the Aussie locker and am planning on putting one of those in sometime.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
jvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jvswaim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tan4x4 View Post
No 1st gen Tacomas came from the factory with LSD.
Appreciate the info.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
jvswaim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
I know the locker was an option with the 4-banger TRD package but haven't heard of an LSD for a first gen. Even if there was, it sure wouldn't be on a 5 lug. Your best bet is a "lunchbox locker". I've heard good things about the Aussie locker and am planning on putting one of those in sometime.
I've heard of the Aussie locker, but I need an LSD, not a locker. I was hoping that the factory had offered the option for the 5-lug, but apparently didn't, so will look into a Detroit Trutrac.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #6
ToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ToyoTaco02's Tacoma Gallery
The truetrac is nice. I've been running one on my prerunner for about 4 years or so. Helps out a lot in the snow.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #7
jvswaim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoTaco02 View Post
The truetrac is nice. I've been running one on my prerunner for about 4 years or so. Helps out a lot in the snow.
That's encouraging - thanks.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #8
jvswaim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
Well after looking into the Aussie locker and learning that it breaks loose allowing the wheels to turn at different rates, it might be a good choice. Does anyone here have problems losing the rear end in ice/snow trying to go straight at low speeds?