Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone have a pic of the roof with the headliner removed?

Old 06-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
Insert witty title here
Seventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chris
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Seventh
Anyone have a pic of the roof with the headliner removed?

I'm going to take the plunge and toss in one of those CRL popup sunroofs, and I'm hoping that I can be lazy and go in from the top w/o dropping the headliner (and just hack through it from the other side, hohoho).

Anyone happen to have a stripped interior shot of the roof? Just curious if there are any crossbraces/supports/etc in there that I'll need to deal with, or if I can just plow right through it with a body saw and some air shears.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #2
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Jesus man! If you're gonna be hacking your truck maybe you ought to be safer than sorry when it comes to permanent mods like that... I'm scared to even hear something like that haha.

I don't remember what was underneath but I know when I took out my headliner it'll take you 45 minutes TOPS. Definitely worth the time as opposed to hacking away.

Good luck!
Old 06-20-2013, 05:28 AM   #3
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
There should be a couple crossbraces up there. I haven't ever looked at the tacoma but it should be C-channel type braces spot welded with the opening of the channel to the roof. They should be running from windshield to backglass and might have two going from door to door. If you use a sawzall or jigsaw, it will blow right through the braces because they are usually the same thickness as the roof but I doubt shears will work.