1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Rosco97, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Jun 21, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    Rosco97

Rosco97 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    97 Tacome LX, 4x4,5spd
    I've posted on here before about the Dakar leaf pack with Bilstein 5100s. I know which springs I want (CS019R). I want to make sure I have all the bushing and bolts I need when I order the springs. Will I need any bushings to replace my factory ones? If so where could I get them? And where is the cheapest place to get the springs?

2. Jun 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM
    Box Rocket

Box Rocket Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Syracuse, Utah
    Vehicle:
    1995 FZJ80 Land Cruiser
    3xLocked, lifted, well used
    http://cruiseroutfitters.com/sus_Tacoma.html

The springs will come with the fixed end bushing installed. You will want to order the complete OME bushing kit to go along with the springs. I highly suggest getting the OME nitrocharger shocks to go with the springs instead of the 5100s. They are valved to work with the Dakars and will give the best ride.

Get new ubolts, and order new spring pins for the front spring eye. It's very likely that you'll need to cut the old bolt out of the front of the spring with a sawzall. They have a tendency to rust and seize in the bushing. So ordering a new bolt for the front spring eye is a good move.

Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters can help you with everything you need and answer all your questions. He's awesome and super helpful. Tell him I sent you his way.

Products Discussed in

To Top