Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2001 Satoshi Grill

Old 06-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
2001 Satoshi Grill

I followed tacomarotto's write-up on this, which was damn near perfect. I got the mesh from Homertaco. This mod was a pain in the ass, but worth it in the end. The hardest part was getting all the surface smoothed out. The only thing I did different from tacomarotto's write-up was, rather than using the fiberglass repair kit, I used Bondo Body Filler b/c I've never worked with fiberglass. Also, I didn't sand or prime the mesh before I painted it, but had to go back and do that after the paint dried b/c it was cracking. All-in-all, it was a huge pain in the ass, but I think it was well worth it. Sorry the pictures are so small.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
JMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jack
JMaberry's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! I'll be getting started on my satoshi before too long, looks like yours came out really well!
Old 06-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaberry View Post
Looks great! I'll be getting started on my satoshi before too long, looks like yours came out really well!
Thanks. All I can say is to follow tacomarotto's write-up, if you've got a 1st gen. It helped a lot. Getting the bondo smoothed out is a huge pain, but, if you're patient, it'll come out nice.