LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weirdest thing ever

Old 06-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #21
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunavut View Post
I don't think so. The email came from a arbusa.com email address. Which is a domain that arb owns.
Doesn't matter....

DO NOT respond to that email.

I would call ARB directly. If anything.....report the email to ARB. Someone is scamming them. Happens ALL the time.
Scammers get better and better at making emails look legit.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #22
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Even if the email came from a scammer, do you think they'd send a truck to Nunavut to pick it up?
Old 06-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #23
except for God, I answer to no one
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Doesn't matter....

I would call ARB directly. If anything.....report the email to ARB. Someone is scamming them. Happens ALL the time.
x2
call ARB directly and see what happens.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #24
Beer
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #25
RyanC is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
RyanC's Tacoma Gallery
Waiting to see where this goes, I am in agreement that you next contact to them should by phone.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #26
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
Send it to me and i'll take care of it
Old 06-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #27
4wd is awesome
4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future

Name: Collin
4x4yota's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed also to findout
Old 06-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #28
Lone Star Club
whahahajr has much to be proud ofwhahahajr has much to be proud ofwhahahajr has much to be proud ofwhahahajr has much to be proud ofwhahahajr has much to be proud ofwhahahajr has much to be proud ofwhahahajr has much to be proud ofwhahahajr has much to be proud ofwhahahajr has much to be proud of

Name: jimbob
whahahajr's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty wierd scam but it just shows that one the members on this site really wants your bumper.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #29
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Haha send a crazy email back. Something like. Will you be bringing the replacement with you?

Also where in nunavut are ya? I just spent 2weeks "touring" the place. I also saw a few lifted tacos in iqaluit.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #30
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed, call ARB. dont respond you could give out more information than they already have.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #31
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I'd bet if you look deeper into the email, it only APPEARS to have come from an arbusa domain...scammers have been able to mask/fake that stuff for awhile

i'd go to both ARB and autoanything and alert them that their sites may have been hacked and customer information has been stolen
Old 06-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #32
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Doesn't matter....

Quote:
Google says nothing about a recall.

I did email back so we'll see what they say.
^
Old 06-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #33
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
Subbed, call ARB. dont respond you could give out more information than they already have.
Quote:
Google says nothing about a recall.

I did email back so we'll see what they say.
^^
Old 06-26-2013, 10:47 PM   #34
cmj has a brilliant futurecmj has a brilliant futurecmj has a brilliant futurecmj has a brilliant futurecmj has a brilliant futurecmj has a brilliant futurecmj has a brilliant futurecmj has a brilliant futurecmj has a brilliant futurecmj has a brilliant futurecmj has a brilliant future
Name: Chris
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
Scam. Just ignore it. It is possible to spoof email addresses
Old 06-27-2013, 03:02 AM   #35
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty simple. call them...anything else is just a guess....

Done....
Old 06-27-2013, 03:37 AM   #36
robssol is a glorious beacon of lightrobssol is a glorious beacon of lightrobssol is a glorious beacon of lightrobssol is a glorious beacon of lightrobssol is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Rob
robssol's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking scam! Tread carefully.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:30 AM   #37
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Call them, narc off the jerks asking for your bumper
Old 06-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #38
Trusso24 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tony
Trusso24's Tacoma Gallery
Im waiting for an update OP!!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #39
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Doesn't matter....

This seems like a lot of work for a $800 bumper that will only sell for about $600. Minus the cost of picking it up. If it is a scam, its not going to be very profitable for the scammers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Even if the email came from a scammer, do you think they'd send a truck to Nunavut to pick it up?
Probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnorantlyAlberta View Post
Haha send a crazy email back. Something like. Will you be bringing the replacement with you?

Also where in nunavut are ya? I just spent 2weeks "touring" the place. I also saw a few lifted tacos in iqaluit.
I have a confession... I'm in manitoba...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
I'd bet if you look deeper into the email, it only APPEARS to have come from an arbusa domain...scammers have been able to mask/fake that stuff for awhile

i'd go to both ARB and autoanything and alert them that their sites may have been hacked and customer information has been stolen
They can change the name covering the email. But not the address it was actually sent from.

I'm still waiting for them too reply back.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #40
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This seems like a lot of work for a $800 bumper that will only sell for about $600. Minus the cost of picking it up. If it is a scam, its not going to be very profitable for the scammers.

It's not about the bumper at all.

It's about hooking you in, getting your personal information and raping you later.

If you think it's legit - Good Luck.