1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Family Members Can't Respect My Property

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Fenwick1993, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Jun 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    Fenwick1993

Fenwick1993 [OP] Hillbilly

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 5Lug, 2015 PreRunner
    Stonewall is the fattest 5 lug slug ever
    I walk outside a few minutes ago to find that my family can't respect my property. I've had my truck at the house for maybe two or three weeks now, having brought it home from my friend's house, where we did the full motor rebuild. Not even a month into having Stonewall home, and my family is already abusing him, being careless. This is from Dad: [​IMG]
    He said he was dragging branches that he had cut down from the back yard to the front. Didn't even bother to move away from my truck when passing through- as a result, I've got these three deep gouges, (look kinda like claw marks to me) one of which snakes off into a nice scratch across the rest of the fender and the door. It won't buff out, I already know. It's DEEEEP.
    [​IMG]
    And my second youngest brother put the trashcans up yesterday, (Trash day was Friday) and ran the trash can right into my truck. Several blue spray paint marks from the can. (Our address is spray painted in blue on the side of the can.)
    I know my truck is already ugly-full of dings and scratches from the previous owner, but it's still mine, and they should respect my property more than that. If this were my big sister's car, she would be flipping shit on them all- they probably wouldn't have let it happen in the first place, if it was her car, because they would be scared of what she would do. But I don't rant and rave and go on the warpath like she does, so I guess they figure it doesn't matter if they damage my truck.
    I know the scratches my dad made won't come out, but does anyone know of a good cleaner/method that might get the paint from my brother off? I've tried using my fingernail, a wet, soapy sponge, and my shirt, none of them worked.

2. Jun 30, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    Marc702

Marc702 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    DC/PRERUNNER
    Don't even know what to say.....

That is definitely disrespectful, that sucks.

I'd have someones ass, family or not. No excuse for this.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  3. Jun 30, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    ntilehman

ntilehman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Off Road
    Rock Sliders Front Light Bar +1.5" Front Arms with Ext. Kings
    As much as that sucks man there isn't much to do now. The driver side needs paint anyway. You could always stand up for yourself too. The small scratches or paint scuffs will come out with some fine grit wet sanding and buffing. If you can catch it with your fingernail it's to deep to sand and buff out. That is a good general rule.

4. Jun 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    Fenwick1993

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, that's why I'm not yelling at him or demanding that he fix it/pay me... Because he really has done a lot for me, even aside from bringing me into this world and raising me. I owe him everything. Just venting. :p
    Although it I were to have scratched his Silver Slug (the 97 Caravan/scrap metal van) it would have been my ass. And Dad did apologize. My brother, however, did not. He just gave me a guilty look.
    The scratches definitely aren't coming out... i can stick a good portion of my fingernail into them.
    The truck definitely needs repainted almost all the way around, but I don't have the money to even do my simple, cheap camo paint job. So I was trying to keep the truck as clean as I could.

5. Jun 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM
    Fenwick1993

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    What, the whole truck?? :D That would be cool. Wonder how it'd look. Know of any other first gens like mine that have been plastidipped all the way?

6. Jun 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM
    adamiata

adamiata --

Member:
    Auburn, AL
    Goo-Gone, and move out.

7. Jun 30, 2013 at 10:56 AM
    Fenwick1993

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    Bahaha, definitely can't afford to move out. It's my money what keeps their bills paid, anyways. They've already said they don't want me to leave any time soon. I'm the only one that does work around here. :D

8. Jun 30, 2013 at 11:28 AM
    ntilehman

ntilehman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Off Road
    Rock Sliders Front Light Bar +1.5" Front Arms with Ext. Kings
    Sounds like they are just using and abusing you.

9. Jun 30, 2013 at 11:32 AM
    ANT2013taco

ANT2013taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    McAllen Texas
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR 4wd
    Awesome attitude! Seeing this really makes me love being a Father!

10. Jun 30, 2013 at 11:41 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Some folks just don't care and they can't understand why you do, drives me nuts. :annoyed:

11. Jun 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM
    Madjik_Man

Madjik_Man The Rembrandt of Rattle Can

Member:
    Colorado Front Range
    Vehicle:
    1998 Ext Cab 3.4 4x4 TRD 5MT, 2004 DC 3.4 4x4 TRD
    If your dad is housing you and it was an accident for which he already apologized, move on and forgive.

You should however kick the ever living shit out of your younger brother. Then go back to loving him. That's the brotherly way. At least that's what my older brother always said.

12. Jun 30, 2013 at 11:48 AM
    coma09

coma09 Senior Member. Hey, what's That supposed to mean?

Member:
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 taco access cab 4x4
    +1 lol

13. Jun 30, 2013 at 12:04 PM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Time to get a new family kid

14. Jun 30, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    Take your brother and give him 4 score kicks to the balls and then love him again

15. Jun 30, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    If this happened to me...

I'd rant non my dad and beat the ever living shit out of my bro

Try a clay bar for the paint transfer, and a good Polish should help clean up the scratch a littlr

16. Jun 30, 2013 at 12:36 PM
    CBoy808

CBoy808 The Original Sticker Dude

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Mall Crawler
    Park on the street. seems like you would have better chance there =(

17. Jun 30, 2013 at 5:21 PM
    Fenwick1993

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, I'm not tryin to kill Dad or anything. He apologized, and that's good enough for me. He's my Pops- how mad could I get at him? :D My brother though, I'll get him. I'll tie one of his WWE wrestlers to the ceiling fan or something. :laugh:

No chance of parking on the street in front of my house- my Dad and my sister already park there, no space for a third vehicle. :p I'll probably park across the street in the church yard.

18. Jul 1, 2013 at 7:18 AM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    Do you have trees that grow diamonds and saw blades on them or what? I can't imagine a tree branch doing that deep of gouging.

I used to be fiercely protective of the taco too... my younger siblings always tiptoed around it. After several years of high school and college parking lots, it's nowhere near as pristine as it was when I bought it and I've relaxed. My blood pressure no longer rises when someone leans on it or if it gets hit by an errant frisbee or ball or something. After a solid week last summer of wet sanding, polishing, and waxing every evening after work last summer I have just accepted that I need to paint (or probably plastiderp) the whole thing if I want it looking clean again.

19. Jul 1, 2013 at 7:55 AM
    Fenwick1993

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    Hahaha, diamond trees... lol It's just black walnut, apple, and fig trees in my yard. I know fig trees are really soft, so it wasn't those he was carrying- or at least he didn't hit the truck with those. There is a whole mixture of branches out front. I'm wondering if he did indeed brush the Taco with branches but someone else actually did those scratches. Because thinking about it last night, they are remarkably deep scratches. I will take a closer picture. The only way I could see branches doing something like that would be if you FELL into the side of the truck while carrying them.
    I guess I'm just really protective of my truck, because it's the first thing with any real value that I ever owned, and I've worked hard to make it mine. My first car was a junker '90 Mustang that had belonged to my Grandma- I didn't really do anything to make it mine. The Honda was half my Dad's. This is the first vehicle I've owned that is mine, all mine. Nobody else has a tie to Stonewall through any means- I've got my own insurance policy on him, title is in my name, and so far it's been only my money going into this. I don't mind people leaning and sitting on the truck, as long as they aren't caked in sludge or something. What gets me is when they smudge my windows with faces and greasy hands! :D

20. Jul 1, 2013 at 8:09 AM
    Fenwick1993

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]
    There's a closer picture. It looks almost pink underneath?

Products Discussed in

To Top