Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Moon roof cover

Old 06-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
Rschap is on a distinguished road
Name: Randall
Rschap's Tacoma Gallery
Moon roof cover

Hi, Iím new to the forum, I recently sold my 94 Toyota Pickup4X4 regular cab 4cyl after 9 years and purchased a 98 Tacoma Limited 4X4. Thisis my 4th Toyota truck having had an 88 2wd and my first vehicle wasan 85 2wd. So far Iím really liking the extra HP of the V6 and the ability toshift into 4wd without getting out and locking the hubs.

The main reason for my post is I am having trouble locatinga moon roof cover, the dealer wants $600 for a new one. Anyone know of a placeI can get one for a reasonable price. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
I don't care about you!
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Limo tint works great. I have a cover and never use it.. Just sits in the garage. Tint is the way to go. You can get a 98% UV tint blocks heat and light.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
i never really thought about tinting...here in Bakersfield, CA during the summer its hell with highs near 110. gotta keep my shade in all the time so i dont burn up but i enjoy the feeling of having more headroom.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
I don't care about you!
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
i never really thought about tinting...here in Bakersfield, CA during the summer its hell with highs near 110. gotta keep my shade in all the time so i dont burn up but i enjoy the feeling of having more headroom.
I just made a trip to AZ. Sun was crazy hot. Never used my shade. With the tint it was just fine.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #5
Rschap is on a distinguished road
Name: Randall
Rschap's Tacoma Gallery
I never considered darker tint either. If I can’t find a cover I’ll try it. I would prefer to have it whether I use it or not. Grand Junction is very similar to Bakersfield but in Colorado. We have high desert heat but we also get into subzero in the winter, I also want to have the cover for insulation against the cold. I grew up in So Cal (Glendora), I can see how limo tint would be all that is needed out there, the climate is a little different here. Thanks for the idea though.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #6
nigglewiggle60 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nigel
nigglewiggle60's Tacoma Gallery
I just cut some cardboard to fit on my old truck. I had a tan interior so it blended in.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #7
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigglewiggle60 View Post
I just cut some cardboard to fit on my old truck. I had a tan interior so it blended in.
lol ghetto rig for the win!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #8
nigglewiggle60 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nigel
nigglewiggle60's Tacoma Gallery
Yep! Cheap and effective. In my last truck I was so stoked to have a flip up moon roof. Then my head started to burn. So Some cardboard and a knife and walla! never used the flip up moon roof again. haha.