Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How to take off lift?

Old 06-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
offthewall21 is on a distinguished road
Name: Craig
offthewall21's Tacoma Gallery
How to take off lift?

My 2000 tacoma Prerunner has a 6" Procomp lift. How much work it would take to bring it back down to stock(or close to stock). I bought the truck in '05 and am the second owner. When i purchased the truck the previous owner didn't include the stock parts with the purchase. Can anyone tell me how much money and time it would take to get all of the parts to bring my truck back to stock or even a small lift would be fine. Thank you (pics Below) The only pictures i have right now on my computer.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:38 AM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
I am positive Pro Comp only made a 4" lift. Are you sure it's Pro Comp or does it have a body lift too? Maybe it's Fabtech due to the blue cross member?
Old 07-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #3
Yeah, your right I don't know why I was thinking procomp. It's a fabtech lift. Do you know what it would take to bring that lift back down to stock or close to stock?
Old 07-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by offthewall21 View Post
Yeah, your right I don't know why I was thinking procomp. It's a fabtech lift. Do you know what it would take to bring that lift back down to stock or close to stock?
You'g need a good welder and a new crossmember from a donor truck. When these drop bracket lifts are installed, the stock cross member is cut off the frame and the drop bracket is installed. I don't believe you can purchase a new cross member since it is part of the frame so you'd have to find a donor or buy it off someone else who recently did a similar lift (or sell your lift and do the swap with someone, take their cross member and they can take your drop bracket)
Old 07-01-2013, 06:11 AM   #5
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

He is prerunner so I don't think it required the cutting of the front xmember IIRC.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:14 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
He is prerunner so I don't think it required the cutting of the front xmember IIRC.
Ahh, my bad. I didn't realize you don't have to cut that part out with a Prerunner. With that, I'll keep quiet

If the cross member is still in tact, then it's not too bad. You'll need stock spindles, remove the spacer (or if you have 6" coilovers, you'll need stock height ones), for the rear, if you have a block, you'll need to remove that, if it's a replacement leaf pack, then you'll need a stock leaf pack.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:16 AM   #7

Here is a install how to looks like you need to source a stock knuckles, stock coilovers and other stuff:
http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamo...6/fabtech6.htm
Old 07-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #8
dstock is on a distinguished road
Marines: Cpl 1345
Name: David
dstock's Tacoma Gallery
You could always find someone who wants your lift then trade parts
Old 07-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #9
Thanks for the replies, im going to relay all this info to my my friend, who knows a lot more about all these parts than i do and see if he can help me out. Thank you
Old 07-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #10

SAS
Old 07-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #11
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
That truck looks sweet, why do you want to remove the lift?
Old 07-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #13
sick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant future

Name: Eric
sick 3.4 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Ill take that lift off your hands
Old 07-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #14
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. DTOM
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davtopgun View Post
Very simple, actually. Simply put an ad on craigslist that says "Want to trade my 6" lift for your stock parts. Switching of all parts are on your dime".

Back to stock for free.
^Smart man.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #15
sick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant future

Name: Eric
sick 3.4 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i have a three In lift that i will trade you i will also include rear leafs and front spindles just let me know man
Old 07-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sick 3.4 tacoma View Post
i have a three In lift that i will trade you i will also include rear leafs and front spindles just let me know man
Pm me and we'll see what we can do
Old 07-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtopgun515 View Post
That truck looks sweet, why do you want to remove the lift?
I like the look of my truck, but i already have an offroad vehicle, and i am looking into just making this tacoma my daily driver.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #18
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm wondering if the previous owner regeared the diff for the tires.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #19
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
I'm wondering if the previous owner regeared the diff for the tires.
I would think he did, thats another thing im going to have to change....
Old 07-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #20
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Davtopgun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by offthewall21 View Post
I would think he did, thats another thing im going to have to change....

You can test this with a single jack, on a flat surface. It's rotations of drive shaft vs rotations of the wheel to get the ratio that you have. I don't know the exact formula, but I'm sure google does.