Notices

Toyota Caming!!!

Old 06-30-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
baveret2 is on a distinguished road
EMS:
Name: Brayden
baveret2's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Camping!!!

Hey guys! when i go camping... i like to sleep under the stars. last time i went, it rained and i got soaked! i looked into getting a hard shell for the bed of my Taco... but they are too big and bulky ( i don't like the cost or permanent look of them either) And then i looked into getting a removable soft shell I wasn't too stoked about the $500-$600 dollar price tag, so i took maters into my own hands and made the ultimate red kneck shelter for my taco. all of these parts are glued in specific places but able to be taken down small enough to fit into a large duffle bag that i have, and it takes only about 5 minutes to set up! So far I'm into the PVC about $35.00 (I used 1'' and purchased it in 10' lengths, it's MUCH cheaper to do it that way)

I'm still figuring out exactly what I'm going to cover it with. I'm debating over waterproofed canvas, tarp, or a tent (if i can find one with the proper dimensions) Say tuned for updates!

Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Caming!!!-photo-7-.jpg   Toyota Caming!!!-photo-6-.jpg   Toyota Caming!!!-photo-5-.jpg   Toyota Caming!!!-photo-4-.jpg   Toyota Caming!!!-photo-3-.jpg  

Toyota Caming!!!-photo-2-.jpg  
Old 06-30-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
you have my intrest
Old 06-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #3
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
Great job, I love the DIY stuff. And welcome to TW! Whatever type of cover you get, you might consider waterproofing it with NeverWet. Its awesome and you can buy/order it from Home Depot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=DZrjXSsfxMQ

Here's the Home Depot link.

Also, you might want to edit your thread title so it says camping and not caming.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #4
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! I started this exact project a couple years ago but gave up and returned all the PVC. I'd still like to do it, but I picked a really terrible method of doing it.

I was a Freshman in college and we were going camping that night. I ran to Lowe's after class and bought all the pipe and a stupid pipe cutter tool that didn't work (would've been way different if I had a saw. It was raining and I was trying to put the thing together in the Lowe's parking lot and I eventually said fuck it and returned everything.

Ended up being a blessing in disguise, cause if I had finished it I would've used it. Since a friend and I didn't have a tent we drove back to town for the night and everyone that stayed got illegal fire tickets ($275) later that night.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #6
1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
1bad10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I like it, I would just put a tarp over it. Great idea op
Old 07-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice

Name: Donnie
02sr5trd's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, Make sure to keep us updated with some finished pics.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!��
You might be able to find a canvas tarp at a surplus store. Then waterproof it.