Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Grille and Emblem

Old 07-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
Tacomanc910 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
Tacomanc910's Tacoma Gallery
Grille and Emblem

Is the Toyota emblem in the center of the grille easy to change out? My grille is starting to fade and I'm looking for something like a mesh grille... Something like T-Rex but they don't carry 2000 Tacoma mesh grilles.. any help?
Old 07-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #2
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
If you're looking for a mesh grill, there are some guys on here that make and sell them. Just do some searches for "satoshi grill" in the 1st gen buy and sell section and some should come up.
Or else there are companies that make mesh grills such as Grillcraft. Google tacoma mesh grills, and just shop around for the look you want.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanc910 View Post
Is the Toyota emblem in the center of the grille easy to change out? My grille is starting to fade and I'm looking for something like a mesh grille... Something like T-Rex but they don't carry 2000 Tacoma mesh grilles.. any help?
Two small screws holding it in place. Or maybe three.

Either way, about 20 seconds of your time.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #4
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Two small screws holding it in place. Or maybe three.

Either way, about 20 seconds of your time.
My 98 has two screws. Look into the GrillCraft ones. I haven't put mine on the truck yet but here's what it looks like; I also got a new grille to cut since my chrome was peeling on the old one:

Old 08-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
Don't hoot with the Owls, soar with the Eagles
BYJOSHCOOK will become famous soon enoughBYJOSHCOOK will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
BYJOSHCOOK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
My 98 has two screws. Look into the GrillCraft ones. I haven't put mine on the truck yet but here's what it looks like; I also got a new grille to cut since my chrome was peeling on the old one:

how did you mount the emblem on the grille on the right?
Old 08-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYJOSHCOOK View Post
how did you mount the emblem on the grille on the right?
It's a little crooked because the legs on it were in weird spots and they wouldn't line up with the holes well. I found some super tiny nuts that I twisted on the legs with some washers. They kind of threaded themselves on. Then I put clear glue on it and around the edge of the emblem.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #7
Don't hoot with the Owls, soar with the Eagles
BYJOSHCOOK will become famous soon enoughBYJOSHCOOK will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
BYJOSHCOOK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
It's a little crooked because the legs on it were in weird spots and they wouldn't line up with the holes well. I found some super tiny nuts that I twisted on the legs with some washers. They kind of threaded themselves on. Then I put clear glue on it and around the edge of the emblem.
Alright thanks! Will be trying this soon