Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Squeal

Old 07-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
EHGVETTE is on a distinguished road
EHGVETTE's Tacoma Gallery
Question Squeal

2001 Tacoma 2.4L. Thought the squeal was bearings in the idler pulleys.I replaced the lower bearing and squeal remained. I started removing the three belts one at a time. The squeal remained. On initial starting it seals and as soon as the fan clutch locks up the squeal stops.I would like to verify before I change out the fan clutch.

Thanks,
Old 07-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
I suppose if it stops when the fan is engaged then it would seem to be the fan clutch.. Sounds like you did the proper diagnosis work. I have a spare fan clutch if you want it.. It's pink. Not sure on the difference between the colors
Old 07-02-2013, 05:40 AM   #3
Smile Squeal

tacomataco2, thanks for the confirmation. I have acquired a replacement, but thanks for the offer. Might I interest you in an additional cat. My wife has been diagonosed with catsavitis. We have to many.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:26 AM   #4
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHGVETTE View Post
tacomataco2, thanks for the confirmation. I have acquired a replacement, but thanks for the offer. Might I interest you in an additional cat. My wife has been diagonosed with catsavitis. We have to many.
My girlfriend would love another cat.... Or 5. lol
Old 07-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #5
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHGVETTE View Post
Best 2nd post ever... This guy must have been lurking around for awhile and knows how shit goes around here haha
Old 07-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
StevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud of
Name: Steve
StevoNB's Tacoma Gallery
Is the fan clutch easy to replace? My 2.7 started squealing last week on cold starts, but only until the fan engages.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
JudoJohn is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
JudoJohn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevoNB View Post
Is the fan clutch easy to replace? My 2.7 started squealing last week on cold starts, but only until the fan engages.
not too hard.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:16 AM   #8
Thumbs up Squeal

How about a cat for Mowtaco?????
Old 07-03-2013, 06:55 AM   #9
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you just want it disposed of, absolutely not. I hate those things
Old 07-08-2013, 05:31 AM   #10
Squeal Gone!!

Took about an hour or so. I am slow and tend to clean everthing before I put things back together.
Not to bad for 233,000 miles. I gues I will be in for more items soon, but knock on wood it has been very good so far.