Notices

leaf spring bushing

Old 07-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
wheelin and dealin
jmcbride2012 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
jmcbride2012's Tacoma Gallery
leaf spring bushing

I own a 2000 toyota tacoma 4wd , i am replacing my sqeaky leaf spring bushing. i already bought new bushings for it but i need the bolts that hold them in (shackle pins?). I cant seem to find just the bolts/pins anywhere.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
You sure the squeak isn't from just the leaf springs rubbing? Most of them have an anti friction pad between the leafs, generally doesn't allow it to squeak.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
wheelin and dealin
jmcbride2012 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
jmcbride2012's Tacoma Gallery
well i can feel the vibrations coming from the front of the leaf spring where the bushing is at. i did oil the whole area just to see if it would fix it but it didnt
Old 07-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #4
In over my head...
james has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant future

Army: P.O.L.
james's Tacoma Gallery

here we go (again).

I doubt it's the bushing, but you can lube it up with some Lithium grease and test your hypothesis. If you need some paid advice, call Dan over at Wheelers Offroad and have him fix you up with a new OME shackle set (greasable). Everything you need is in there. Run your issue past Dan - it can't hurt - and he's seen it all...