Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Looks Better: Visors of No Visors?

View Poll Results: What Looks Better: Visors or No Visors?
Visors 62 55.36%
No Visors 50 44.64%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
dustinuhls is on a distinguished road

dustinuhls's Tacoma Gallery
What Looks Better: Visors or No Visors?

I got these as a gift. I was test fitting them today and took a couple pics. What do you like better? With or without visors?
Old 02-26-2009, 11:04 PM   #3
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
I just installed mine yesterday....I say keep them on..
You already have them, might as well use them
Old 02-26-2009, 11:20 PM   #4
The Cooler King
Dustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of light

Dustin03's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Dustin03
Never been a fan of visors.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:20 PM   #5
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Its hard to tell cuz the pictures arent exactly the same. I mean more sky is clearly more visible in the no-visor picture

just kidding i like them!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:11 AM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda like em. Wish the pics were from a tad farther away so I could see them with the whole truck though.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:13 AM   #7
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
keep them on. no question. no argument. question answered.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Kinda like em. Wish the pics were from a tad farther away so I could see them with the whole truck though.
I'll take some pics where you can see the whole truck. I've got the hood protector/bugshield on the front and the black bed rail caps on the truck also.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:41 AM   #9
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
this is just my opinion...

But, I think they would look even better if you tinted your windows...
Old 02-27-2009, 01:05 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
this is just my opinion...

But, I think they would look even better if you tinted your windows...
I agree. The back windows are darker than the fronts. I'll go check on getting the fronts tinted to match tomorrow. (The driver's side front tint has a couple bubbles in it anyways.)
Old 02-27-2009, 04:32 AM   #12
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
When I bought my truck it came with visors and a bugshield. Bugshield is long gone (well, still in my garage laying there) and the visors might not be too far behind.

Yeah it's nice to be able to have your windows open when it's raining, or keep your windows open a little bit when you park your truck in the summer so heat can get out, but I don't really do either...
Old 02-27-2009, 06:00 AM   #13
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
I got visors on mine. I love those things because you can leave your windows cracked when it's raining and stuff.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:52 AM   #15
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

Army: 82D Airborne Div., Infantry Mortar Man, Paratrooper!
Name: Carl
devilsalmostfree's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to devilsalmostfree
ild keep them if i were u!
Old 02-27-2009, 06:57 AM   #16
I smell corn
kilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gophuk Yousef
kilted1117's Tacoma Gallery
Keep em. I love mine. Have to be the in channel ones though.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:03 AM   #17
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i wasnt ever a fan of them either,..then i put them on my truck and now i love them..keep em on
Old 02-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #18
hardtaco will become famous soon enoughhardtaco will become famous soon enough

hardtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Keep em on! They kick ass.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
When I bought my truck it came with visors and a bugshield. Bugshield is long gone (well, still in my garage laying there) and the visors might not be too far behind.

Yeah it's nice to be able to have your windows open when it's raining, or keep your windows open a little bit when you park your truck in the summer so heat can get out, but I don't really do either...
My truck came with a bugshield when I bought it too. I would have bought one if it didn't already come with it, because I just like how it makes the front of the truck look. I really don't think it's very functional though, I still get bugs all over my windshield. Right now it's about 55% for and 45% against visors. Pretty close race so far and I still haven't decided how much I like them or not. Thanks for everyones votes so far.

JOKE: What's the last thing that goes through a bug's mind when it hits your windshield?

ANSWER: It's asshole!
Old 02-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #20
RebelRider201 has a spectacular aura aboutRebelRider201 has a spectacular aura about

Name: J
RebelRider201's Tacoma Gallery
Trust me, visors do alot more besides have good looks, they keep out the rain, allow you to smoke easier in your rig, and give you alot better ventilation instead of wasting gas on that a/c. Take a look at mine if you are looking to make your truck look unique as possible, add a little flair of camo. These are available for practically and truck or SUV, I ordered them for my ext. cab from http://camoheadquarters.com and they look amazing, especially with a matching bug shield!