LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Issues with Tire Wear

Old 07-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
Shotshell is on a distinguished road

Shotshell's Tacoma Gallery
Issues with Tire Wear

So my front tires are angled out at the bottom, causing my tires to wear more on the inside of the tire.
Could this be due to old/saggy coil springs?
Old 07-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
When was the last time you got an alignment?

Both front tires doing the same thing?

Have an alignment done - and see how far off your numbers are. That'll give you a clue if you're barking up the wrong tree.

How old are the tires? How many miles on your truck? How old are the springs? Just notied you had a Procomp lift - how long?

It could be a lot of things. If both tires are affected similarly - I doubt its balljoints (it'd be a miracle to have both sides going bad at the same exact rate).
Old 07-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #4

Brand new lift (March), brand new tires (June). The springs are original factory springs though, installed on my new struts. Truck has 190,000 miles.
However, this was happening before I lifted my truck too.
I'm frustrated, because I don't want to ruin a brand new set of BFG's... And I can already see it starting to wear weird, on both tires, with less than 1000 miles on them...
Old 07-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
Needed to get an alignment after the lift; if the alignment is still good then you need new UCAs
UCA=?

(I'm sure it's simple, I'm just tired and don't want to think about it)
Old 07-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotshell View Post
UCA=?

(I'm sure it's simple, I'm just tired and don't want to think about it)
upper control arm
Old 07-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #8

ok.

Well I've had all that looked at about 2 weeks ago. All seems to be tight and in the right place. Nothing wobbles or clunks around with the control arms. And I'm having the same issue on both sides, seemingly at the same rate.

I was just wondering wether or not anyone has had this same issue, and fixed it with new coil springs.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #9
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
get an alignment lol. if you can see them towed in then its bad.