Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

MPG's for 1st Gen Tacomas

Old 09-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #61
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not going to read through 3 pages especially since this is an older thread but yeh I would NOT buy a Tacoma for MPG savings. Way wrong vehicle for that. As a matter of fact, most if not all of the current full size V8 model trucks get better gas mileage than a Tacoma.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #62
dibbs is on a distinguished road
Name: Craig
dibbs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigglewiggle60 View Post

Did the lift and tires hurt you at all?
Lift and tires dropped me pretty close to 2 mpg all around
Old 09-17-2013, 06:03 AM   #63
Hansel is on a distinguished road
Name: Glenn
Hansel's Tacoma Gallery
Yamaha Dave

Depends on which Tacoma you have.

2003, 2WD, base truck, 2.4 liter, automatic tranny, camper shell.

I have more data now. Going 65 mph and driving conservatively I average 30+ mpg. Not too bad, and when I need it, I got a truck.

But you do have a good point...in general these vehicles don't get the best mpg.

My 94 full size Chevy truck, extended cab, camper shell, gets 22 mpg driving the same way I drive the Tacoma....that's pretty good for a full size truck and I can seat 6 people.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #64
stikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
stikle's Tacoma Gallery
I recently took a trip to Eastern Oregon towing my boat... $222 in gas round trip. ~10mpg there (up a ton of mountains) and ~10-12mpg on the way back (good downhill run).

Normally I get around 17 on the highway and 14 in town.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #65
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
Yamaha Dave

Depends on which Tacoma you have.

2003, 2WD, base truck, 2.4 liter, automatic tranny, camper shell.

I have more data now. Going 65 mph and driving conservatively I average 30+ mpg. Not too bad, and when I need it, I got a truck.

But you do have a good point...in general these vehicles don't get the best mpg.

My 94 full size Chevy truck, extended cab, camper shell, gets 22 mpg driving the same way I drive the Tacoma....that's pretty good for a full size truck and I can seat 6 people.
30+ mpg?

Old 09-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #67
JIB83 is on a distinguished road
JIB83's Tacoma Gallery
oh man its a good thing I read this thread. I recently got a 2002 DC 4x4 and I was worried because I was only getting about 15-16mpg. I am running 265/75r17 BFG A/T so I think that is what is keeping my mpg low. Also, I don't think it helps that I recently added a rear demello bumper.
15-16mpg sounds about right for it right?
Old 09-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #68
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
^What load range are you running? I believe most of the BFG A/T in 17" are load range D or E combined with he higher weight of a 17" wheel 16 MPG seams about right.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #69
JIB83 is on a distinguished road
JIB83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
^What load range are you running? I believe most of the BFG A/T in 17" are load range D or E combined with he higher weight of a 17" wheel 16 MPG seams about right.
I just checked them and they are actually load range C. Not really sure what that means. I bought the truck and it already had these tires.