Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Marlin Crawler Shifter Seat

Old 07-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
JCH is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
JCH's Tacoma Gallery
Marlin Crawler Shifter Seat

So I went ahead and bought the Marlin Crawler heavy duty shifter seat and socket for my Tacoma. I don't have a ton of shifter play but I noticed the shifting wasn't quite as crisp as my dads 4-runner so I figured i'd give it a shot. For those of you that already have them, how do you like it? Thanks
Old 07-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
vtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to all

Name: Jarrod
vtrguy's Tacoma Gallery
I love it.

It really cleans up the shifting a lot.

P/O had put a silicone aftermarket one in mine and it felt okay, just a little sloppy.

While you're in there you should put a short shifter

Just got done with mine today and it is magical lol.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine just to replace the stock one since I'm at 13x,xxx miles thinking they would be toast but they were fine for me and I had no symptoms. I thought it was a pretty easy install and shifting seems more "tight" than stock but not a huge difference since the stock ones weren't terrible for me. The Marlin shifter bushing seems pretty solid especially compared to the stock rubber one.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
toastyjosh is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: helitack
toastyjosh's Tacoma Gallery
I love em. I used them on my 88,81 and my 95.5 taco.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
JCH's Tacoma Gallery
Cool guys, thanks for the input. I'm looking forward for them to get here
Old 07-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
dstock is on a distinguished road
Marines: Cpl 1345
Name: David
dstock's Tacoma Gallery
I put mine in today and it took half an hour and the results were amazing!!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #7
JCH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstock View Post
I put mine in today and it took half an hour and the results were amazing!!
Sweet man! Mine are finally supposed to get here today.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #8
JCH's Tacoma Gallery
Got it installed today. My stock shifter seat was actually in really good condition but there is still noticeably less play and crisper shifting. I'm really happy with it. Question for you guys, does the white seat just sit it in the bottom of the housing? I had just set it the bottom and am wondering if I was supposed to have pressed it into place or something.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #9
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCH View Post
Got it installed today. My stock shifter seat was actually in really good condition but there is still noticeably less play and crisper shifting. I'm really happy with it. Question for you guys, does the white seat just set it in the bottom housing? I had just set it the bottom and am wondering if I was supposed to have pressed it into place or something.
Should just fall into place, no pressing required. I followed this guide and all they did was rotate it in and let it fall into place.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #10
JCH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
Should just fall into place, no pressing required. I followed this guide and all they did was rotate it in and let it fall into place.
Sweet that's what I wanted to hear. Thanks
Old 08-02-2013, 05:52 AM   #11
JMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jack
JMaberry's Tacoma Gallery
Installed mine about a week ago. My stock seat and socket were in good shape so it didn't make a huge difference, but definitely cleaned things up a bit and only $20.