Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

CV Axle ?

Old 02-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
South Carolina Member
tjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant future

Name: TJ
tjgraner09's Tacoma Gallery
CV Axle ?

So i went to get my cv's today and the guy at advanced asked me if i had automatic disconnect or no? I was like WTF i dont know what that is so can some one it explain it to me please. Also i have a 97 tacoma 4x4 and manual hubs...
Old 02-28-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
jwscoot has a spectacular aura aboutjwscoot has a spectacular aura about

jwscoot's Tacoma Gallery
If you have manual hubs then you don't have the automatic disconnect.

the A.D.D system uses vacuum to apply the front diff... the hubs are always locked.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwscoot View Post
If you have manual hubs then you don't have the automatic disconnect.

the A.D.D system uses vacuum to apply the front diff... the hubs are always locked.
A.D.D Automatic Disconnecting Differential.

Actually the A.D.D is electronically controlled. If you have the push button 4WD button on the side of the transfer case shift lever then you have the A.D.D

I've attached a PDF with the location of the items.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf loca.pdf (29.7 KB, 67 views)
Old 02-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #4

jwscoot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
Actually the A.D.D is electronically controlled. If you have the push button 4WD button on the side of the transfer case shift lever then you have the A.D.D

I think your wrong. A.D.D is vacuum controled(maybe by an electric solennoid) but not by the switch, you do not need a push button to have A.D.D..

refer to your manual it's in there.

Lots of Info:
http://www.off-road.com/trucks4x4/ar....jsp?id=399612
Old 02-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i think jwscoot is right...because i have ADD and i DONT have a pushbutton
Old 02-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #6

jwscoot's Tacoma Gallery
I also have ADD and no push button.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #7
South Carolina Member
tjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant future

so you guys are saying since i have manual hubs then i do not have the automatic disconnect
Old 02-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #8

jwscoot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjgraner09 View Post
so you guys are saying since i have manual hubs then i do not have the automatic disconnect
Exactly.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #9
South Carolina Member

Quote:
Exactly.
thanks for the help dude! rep to you
Old 02-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #10
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I think your wrong. A.D.D is vacuum controled(maybe by an electric solennoid) but not by the switch, you do not need a push button to have A.D.D..

refer to your manual it's in there.

Lots of Info:
On the Tacoma's it is an electric actuator. See attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i think jwscoot is right...because i have ADD and i DONT have a pushbutton
There are 2 different types of selectors. Without push button and with.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf insp.pdf (34.4 KB, 82 views)
Old 02-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #11

jwscoot's Tacoma Gallery
I've knocked the vacuum hose off durring an oil change once.. (it connects somewhere near there).. I had no add control with the vacuum hose running to the ADD disconnected, therefor no 4x4.

There is electrical involved, the switch is inside the transfer case in the tacos without a push button switch.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #12
The TW 1%
Quote:
I've knocked the vacuum hose off durring an oil change once.. (it connects somewhere near there).. I had no add control with the vacuum hose running to the ADD disconnected, therefor no 4x4.

There is electrical involved, the switch is inside the transfer case in the tacos without a push button switch.

I didn't look at the year of your Tacoma. On the 2001-2004 Tacoma's it's an electric actuator not a vacuum actuator.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:13 AM   #13

jwscoot's Tacoma Gallery
That makes sense, you can clearly see it's electric in the pdf. your put up in the last picture. I just knew mine wasn't.