Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st Gen Leather Seats?

Old 07-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
BioWheelin is on a distinguished road

BioWheelin's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen Leather Seats?

After riding around in my '03 Tacoma for the last two weeks, more or less constantly, I have decided that I need to get new seats. Something with lumbar support, up/down adjustment, as well as the back and forth that's on mine now. Oh, and preferably leather since my job is so damn dusty I feel like I'm in a coal mine when I bang them out.

Has anybody replaced the seats on a 1st gen and/or added leather? Advice appreciated! *mental cookie*
Old 07-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioWheelin View Post
After riding around in my '03 Tacoma for the last two weeks, more or less constantly, I have decided that I need to get new seats. Something with lumbar support, up/down adjustment, as well as the back and forth that's on mine now. Oh, and preferably leather since my job is so damn dusty I feel like I'm in a coal mine when I bang them out.

Has anybody replaced the seats on a 1st gen and/or added leather? Advice appreciated! *mental cookie*
Here's a great place to start your research:

http://www.enolagaia.com/Taco/Seats-Transplant.html

Also if you search "seat swap" here you'll find some good threads too.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
Dave C is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: David
Dave C's Tacoma Gallery
Bought my 04 Taco 2 months ago and installed leather on the original seats after 2 weeks. Cost a grand but they are an exact match for the cloth seats. All the seams are the same. Included door panels also. Did not get heated or lumbar support but they are 100 times more comfortable than the cloth. I plan on keeping the truck for a long time so I didn't mind the investment. FYI it's a double cab. Putting the leather in makes it seem like a new truck to me and about $15-20 k cheaper. As a bonus my wife thought it was a great idea.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
Bought my 04 Taco 2 months ago and installed leather on the original seats after 2 weeks. Cost a grand but they are an exact match for the cloth seats. All the seams are the same. Included door panels also. Did not get heated or lumbar support but they are 100 times more comfortable than the cloth. I plan on keeping the truck for a long time so I didn't mind the investment. FYI it's a double cab. Putting the leather in makes it seem like a new truck to me and about $15-20 k cheaper. As a bonus my wife thought it was a great idea.
A GRAND. Holy damn! That warrants a picture of the seats! They must be sick
Old 07-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
BioWheelin is on a distinguished road

BioWheelin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
A GRAND. Holy damn! That warrants a picture of the seats! They must be sick
^this! I'd love to see some pics of your layout.

Who needs heated seats? Living in CA makes them entirely superfluous. Even when I was living in cheesehead country and it was -40 I didn't even think about them. Adjustable lumbar support, on the other hand, is something I would really like to have when I spend 5-6 hours a day in my truck driving down poorly maintained dirt roads.