My First Taco.. best truck ever IMO

Old 07-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
Ready to Learn
HF13 is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
HF13's Tacoma Gallery
My First Taco.. best truck ever IMO

Sup Fellas

been lurking around TW here for a while...searched the far corners of CL for around 2 months, could find nothing in the '01-'04 range in Florida. Happened to take a spur of the moment trip to visit a friend in in VA, and instead of a plane ticket home, rode home in this

2004 TRD Offroad 5 speed V6 4x4 with brand new BFG rugged trails, other than that completely stock.

had 106,xxx when i got it for $11,599 from a little mom and pop dealership. A little outa my budget but it was worth the extra $ i had to come up with.

Runs like a top, ill post more pics of the stuff ive done to it since i got it

AMSOIL everyding
TC
OIL and filter
Trans, front and rear diffs

Tint
Drawtite towing reciever
Towing wiring harness
ERG in channel window deflectors
Husky Liner Floor Mats (front only, back to follow soon)
Marathon Superhides Seat covers Max 4 camo (still waiting on in mail)

Just want to say a huge thank you to the guys on here that have helped me out over the last few months through PM's, and to everyone who has created a thread anything DIY related, bc ive looked at pretty much everything. This is hands down the best resource for working on the truck, much better than a haynes manual (not to say there bad) which i had to use on my old beater chevy i just sold to get this baby!
Attached Thumbnails
My First Taco.. best truck ever IMO-photo-jun-25-4-48-37-pm.jpg   My First Taco.. best truck ever IMO-photo-jun-25-5-16-34-pm.jpg  
Old 07-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
gman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gman2530's Tacoma Gallery
Great Find!!!

Took few months to find mine also....
Great looking truck!! Looks like it was garaged also, headlights still nice & Clear!
Congrats!!!!

03 w/ 164k 10G
Attached Thumbnails
My First Taco.. best truck ever IMO-img_0180.jpg   My First Taco.. best truck ever IMO-img_0183.jpg  
Old 07-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Lunar mist... best color. ..
Nice truck...
Old 07-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new truck, should last you a long time.

Not trying to be an asshole at all, but was it repainted on the passenger side? Color on the access cab and bed look slightly different than the front door and front fender. Just curious is all!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
corysmith936 is on a distinguished road
Name: Cory
corysmith936's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65stang View Post
Congrats on the new truck, should last you a long time.

Not trying to be an asshole at all, but was it repainted on the passenger side? Color on the access cab and bed look slightly different than the front door and front fender. Just curious is all!
I saw that too....hmmm
Old 07-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #6
Ready to Learn
HF13's Tacoma Gallery
thx guys...noticed that when i was posting the pic....not sure, carfax showed it was a one owner vehicle with no accidents, guess it possibly could have been in an accident and not reported on carfax but i dont rly care because it runs great, doors close and open perfectly, etc...

any suggestions on what other mods and maintenance to do other than changing the belts in a couple days?
Old 07-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #7
02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice

Name: Donnie
02sr5trd's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new truck! Has the timing belt and water pump been replaced? if not I would do that first. then maybe... Deck plate mod, Magnaflow 14'' muffler
Old 07-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed68dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
68dave's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lookin' truck. Looks like my 04 but i bought mine with a broken camshaft.
Attached Thumbnails
My First Taco.. best truck ever IMO-phone-pics-008.jpg  
Old 07-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #9
TooDrunkToTasteThisChicke n
TotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TotesMagotes's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck, congrats. Driving home in that thing for the first time musta been pretty sweeeet.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #10
Ready to Learn
HF13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02sr5trd View Post
Congrats on the new truck! Has the timing belt and water pump been replaced? if not I would do that first. then maybe... Deck plate mod, Magnaflow 14'' muffler
Thx man...timing belt and WP done at 90k....should I get the 120k service done at a dealer or a local reputable mechanic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68dave View Post
Nice lookin' truck. Looks like my 04 but i bought mine with a broken camshaft.
NICE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotesMagotes View Post
Nice truck, congrats. Driving home in that thing for the first time musta been pretty sweeeet.
yea man cruise control is the best, didnt have in my old shitbox
Old 07-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #11
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
congrats man, its always nice to find a super clean used truck from an honest used car lot, looks like they care about their customers.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #12
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Nice little find there, perfect color/combo and it has 4WD. I wouldn't worry about the door being repainted
Old 07-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #13
PNW Silver Tacoma is on a distinguished road
PNW Silver Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Look like you found a great truck. I can still remember my first drive home 8 years ago.