Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Black Tacoma Emblems

Old 02-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
SCToyota is on a distinguished road
SCToyota's Tacoma Gallery
Black Tacoma Emblems

Hey guys,

I really want to put black emblems on my tacoma. Is the only option to buy some on ebay and paint them? If so, how do I reapply them? Thanks for the info.

Mike
Old 02-28-2009, 09:30 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Take the ones you have now and take them off, use some fishing string and to take them off use an up and down action take your time and dont rush it dont want to snap an emblem, take the sticky tape off with your finger. To paint your emblem you will need some black krylon fusion spray paint and krylon matte finish clear coat, 120-160grit sand paper, you can find that at walmart, FIRST STEP i scuffed the emblem lightly with 120-160grit sand paper so that the paint sticks to it nicely clean the emblem nicely so you dont have bubbles from the paint Second Step, then get your krylon paint give it a coat wait then re-apply with about 5 coats or so thats what i used and have not had a problem in almost a year. Third Step after that do the same with the clear coat and let it dry for a good day so that it does not stick and you have thumbs prints putting them back on. Next i bought my 3m automotive emblem tape from ebay or you can find it at you automotive store cut it to fit the emblem then after your done re-apply them emblem to the truck and your done. Hope this helps Socalman22
Old 02-28-2009, 09:43 PM   #3
SCToyota is on a distinguished road
SCToyota's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info. What advice do you have for the Tacoma logo on the tailgate? Since the letters are not connected, what is the best way to go out reapplying them straight...luck? haha
Old 02-28-2009, 09:48 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCToyota View Post
Thanks for the info. What advice do you have for the Tacoma logo on the tailgate? Since the letters are not connected, what is the best way to go out reapplying them straight...luck? haha
you wont get those back on.................they are that rubbery type material that chips when you try to take them off. you can buy those on ebay too..........but you will have to paint them slowly while they are on the tailgate.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I used painters tape and taped around emblem to have an exact place of where you removed it.