1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front coilovers

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by jmcbride2012, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Jul 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM
    jmcbride2012

jmcbride2012 [OP] wheelin and dealin

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Vehicle:
    00' 4wd 5-spd Reg cab
    4" suspension lift leveling kit bilstein 5100 rear shocks
    I am about to replace my front shocks with the OME nitro sports so while i have the struts taken apart i want to replace my coilovers. i have a four inch lift in the front (dont know brand name, bought it with it) so i am wanting to know what are some good coilovers that are gonna pair good with my nitros and keep my truck level with a four inch block in the back. Ive looked into 881s and Eibachs but i dont want my truck to be unlevel. i do believe that my coilovers are stock right now and pretty worn out.

2. Jul 17, 2013 at 5:23 PM
    jmcbride2012

jmcbride2012 [OP] wheelin and dealin

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Vehicle:
    00' 4wd 5-spd Reg cab
    4" suspension lift leveling kit bilstein 5100 rear shocks
    edit: i have 5100s on the back but i was told they didnt make them for the front unless i wanted to buy the 5100s with the preset height which i do not need because my truck is already lifted and level.

3. Jul 18, 2013 at 3:16 AM
    TBeers

TBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma DLX 3.4 4x4
    You can get 5100 struts for the front. They are adjustable, not preset. They can lift, or leave you at stock height (0-2.5" lift).

If you want new coils you should optimize for the weight you carry up front. Planning on a plate bumper or winch, and/or like to rally backroads too fast? Go for Eibachs, 883 OME or tundra springs then. If you just want a stock ride you are probably fine with just replacing your struts and adjusting them to 1" lift if you're coils have sagged.

Products Discussed in

To Top