Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

First Gen. Body Lift/Levelling Help

Old 07-17-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
nugget is on a distinguished road
nugget's Tacoma Gallery
First Gen. Body Lift/Levelling Help

I'm looking to do a body lift/levelling kit on my truck to make sure I have good clearance for my new wheel setup. I'm new to Tacoma's and trucks in general. I've be sourcing out various body lifts and have decided to go with 3". Everywhere I've looked, it appears to show that you would get a 3" spacer block for the front shocks and either a 1.5 or 2" for the rear leafs. Questions:

1) Does the rear sit higher a bit then the front? Is that the reasoning to the 3" to 2" block difference?

2) I recall someone telling me that with the body lift, I'd also need some sort of cover for my steering column as with the lift, it needs to be covered and some with some lines that need to be extended. Correct me if I'm wrong but is this required for Tacoma's? I don't see this being included for any of the body lifts/levelling kits I've seen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Kemp
Old 07-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #2
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
ya when the truck is stock a levelling kit is a 1 inch block in the front i have one on but i have also been asking around and people are not recommending a 3 inch spacer lift in the front because it is maxxed out in space and that if you offroad a bunch that it will make the shocks bottom out before the stock bump stops stop it from bottoming out the shocks which ware them down more. i would suggest some adjustable coilovers and uca. it is a huge price difference but from what i have heard a huge difference and way better
gl Juan~
Old 07-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
nugget is on a distinguished road
nugget's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info guys. I'm not planning to do any off-roading. Just looking to do a spacer lift mainly to clear my new wheel setup. 275/65/18.