Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

fishing lake como Ouray???

Old 07-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
logan1992 is a glorious beacon of lightlogan1992 is a glorious beacon of lightlogan1992 is a glorious beacon of lightlogan1992 is a glorious beacon of lightlogan1992 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: logan
logan1992's Tacoma Gallery
fishing lake como Ouray???

im going to run Poughkeepsie gulch in Ouray co next weekend and want to fish lake como at the top of the pass. has any one had any success in this lake? thaks
Old 07-19-2013, 06:23 AM   #2
POINT ONE %ER
Dirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dirty Pool's Tacoma Gallery
This thread might get more eyes on it in the Off-Roading and Trails section but it's here so this is what I got.

It's always looked pretty sterile to me. Never seen any boils and never heard of anyone having any success. I always wonder though. Give it a try.

Ptarmigan Lake SW of the Imogene summit is reputed to be respectable but the 1/2 mine steep hike at 13,000' always defeats me.
I have seen lots of fish and boils in Bullion King Lake. It's on a short spur to the SW off the beginning of Black Bear. It can also be accessed from 550 a little further south of the BB trail head and it is very scenic.

Bullion King
Old 07-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Like DirtyPool already said... I've heard of people fishing Como but haven't heard of anyone catching anything. Whether you catch or not, you should post up some pictures, though. I've never been there but have always wanted to go!
Old 07-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
Insert witty title here
Seventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chris
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Seventh
That looks like an amazing place to go, even if there are no fish!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
logan1992 is a glorious beacon of lightlogan1992 is a glorious beacon of lightlogan1992 is a glorious beacon of lightlogan1992 is a glorious beacon of lightlogan1992 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: logan
logan1992's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for all the replies guys I will for sure post some pictures. they will be posted in my 4x4 trips in the Tacoma thread I have going. I am always in search for those high mountain lakes with huge native cuts in em.!