1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

High speed, rearward vibration.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Zaint, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Jul 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    Zaint

Zaint [OP] My Taco Eats Me

Member:
    STL, MO
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma, Black
    Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice or help on where I need to go from here to find this vibration and eliminate it. I have a skyjacker 3'' lift, which included shocks, front and rear as well as rear springs. I installed a diff drop for upfront and a new carrier/center bearing. My guess is either, rear wheel bearing, rear diff bearing, or a wheel balance(which I find hard to be since I balance and rotate bi-annually).

Symptom: Speeds higher than 40mph start to rock the truck moreso than low speeds. The higher the speed the more fast the rocking, which would indicate something rotational/driveline'ish. It feels more in my back than my feet, but the entire truck definitely vibes. If I press the gas to down shift and accelerate the vibrations will subside sometimes until the revs come back down. Most of the vibrations are severe and the truck rock/shake is noticable from the outside of the truck on the highway, and sometimes they just disappear for a few minutes. I have been in traffic and literally seen the truck lifting a side as if it were driving on an oval tire driving at sub 20mph. It's not a couple inches of rocking, but something both passengers can notice and feel and see in all limbs.

I know there are a TON of vibration threads out there, I feel like I've searched and read them all. Hoping someone has had the exact same experience as mine to point me in the right direction since everything else I've replaced or installed hasn't helped.

2. Jul 29, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    beanders

beanders Member

Member:
    I have a similar vibration and seeking the same type of answer.

3. Aug 14, 2013 at 11:31 PM
    smuggiesrider

smuggiesrider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green TRD Off-Road DCSB AT
    TRD 2" Lift kit w/ PRO Grille swap package ARE CX Classic Cap Sumitomo Encounter AT 265/75/16 tires TRD Pro wheels Predator steps Frame salt protection spray Weather Tech floor Mats and rainguards Wet Okole Seat Covers Bedmat Black exhaust tip Bed light LED kit Tailgate mat Eyecatcher tailgate letters Yoda cover for tow hitch and steering wheel Decals for grille, glove box, badges $$$$$$
    anyone get help? I have a toytec lift and have major vibes after 70+ mph

4. Aug 15, 2013 at 7:20 AM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    I don't know anything about driveline vibrations but that sounds more severe than a driveshaft could cause. Check your rear tires, you may have separated a belt on one or something.

5. Sep 2, 2020 at 10:08 PM
    hresendiz25

hresendiz25 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Horacio
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2009 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab
    URD Fuel Pump
    Did you solve your problem?
    I got a Tom Woods Driveshaft. Ot sort of solved most of my problems. But a new one is High speed vibes

Products Discussed in

To Top