1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help!!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by eric70412, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Jul 25, 2013 at 9:54 PM
    eric70412

eric70412 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pa
    Vehicle:
    2003 Toyota Tacoma 2.7 SR5
    Hey guys, I need a lil advice again. I'm in the market for a new used Tacoma cause mine is starting to need a lot of work. It has 196k on it. It's a 2002 TRD & has been a great truck but now I think it's time find another one with fewer miles on it..

I can't afford to buy a new one or spend more then 14k for a new /used one. I came across this one the other day at a local dealership. Click link below:

http://www.toyotaofgreensburg.com/mobile/details.cfm?type=Used&vin=5TEWM72N83Z267018

It also has a lot of miles but also a lot less then what I have on mine 109k Plus it has a brand new frame they just put on it 3 mos ago. Mine also has some frame rot on it that i am kinda worried about along with several other things going wrong with it & I just feel is time to get another one that i can afford for the next 5 years till i get my car paid for & then I'll buy a new one.

I drove it today and it seems to run very good. It has a cracked wind shield which he said they would replace & it has some scratches on it but that doesn't bother me as i would just be using it to drive back n fourth to work (70mi. round trip each day) Pretty much just a work truck.

Without seeing it today they said they would give me $3000 for mine. Cause i was honest and said it does have some frame rust & needs tires. Maybe i shouldn't of said anything but i figure they would probably check it anyway.

I guess from what I've told you about my truck and what you see about the new truck I'm asking what you all think. Would you make the deal or not?

I really don't wanna put much more money into my truck with this many miles on it & since that one has a brand new frame on it I really like that fact..

I hope at least one person can chime in & help me make my decision easier..

THANK YOU

Eric

2. Jul 25, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    Traction120

Traction120 "Not all those who wander are lost"

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB BLK
    SEE BUILD.
    Looks ok, offer low. And even though you already told them about it, never let them know about the trade until you have an agreed upon O.T.D. Price. Then hit them with the trade, and ask high. With your trade, I'd offer 7.5-8k OTD.

3. Jul 26, 2013 at 9:16 AM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    Is yours up for recall? Did you get it inspected in time?

I'd hang onto it if so and maybe delay any maintenance that could be done for free labor when the frame gets changed if you think you're close to time for reframe

Products Discussed in

To Top