Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Where do y'all store your concealed pistols?

Old 07-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
cj.ainsworth77 is on a distinguished road

Name: CJ
cj.ainsworth77's Tacoma Gallery
Where do y'all store your concealed pistols?

I'm coming from the world of Dodge here, so i'm used to having a center console almost as big as a Taco(no offense intended, of course, haha) where i put my pistol in its holster so it's concealed as is required by Tx law for non CCL holders...

so, lets see some pics of a solution to this problem, i'm getting a 02 Taco today, reg cab, and i'm assuming it has a center console, but forum members are usually more clever than that, so let's see what ya got...

also, i don't want this to devolve into any kind of gun argument...by god my 2nd amendment says i can own one, and TX law says i can carry one...so yeah
Old 07-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
Revco is on a distinguished road
Revco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Texas Custom Holsters leather holster mounted on the side of the shift console in my '01 Reg Cab. During normal daily driving I don't have any issue with that placement, but on long trips I like to lean my leg over and I hit the grip of the pistol so I put it under the seat and my leg clears the empty holster. I'm going to relocate the holster to the panel under the steering wheel where I have more room. I don't have any pics right now, but the holster website does...

http://www.texascustomholsters.com/
Old 07-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
kai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kai38`'s Tacoma Gallery
I'm right handed but have a left handed holster for my pistol that clips under the steering column , the reason I use the left handed version is the grip is faced the correct direction to pull it with out having to twist my wrist to get it.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
I have a small safe underneath my driver seat, but if you want quick access then I would rig up a Kydex holster underneath your driver seat. I know a guy who has that and holds a Glock 19 there very nicely
Old 07-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
In over my head...
james has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant future

Army: P.O.L.
james's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not tellin.' That's why I call 'em "concealed."

Old 07-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
ethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 314MXG
Name: ethan
ethanfoy's Tacoma Gallery

this
Old 07-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #8
cj.ainsworth77 is on a distinguished road

Name: CJ
cj.ainsworth77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Console Vault
This is in an 07...but you get the picture.
http://www.lieblweb.com/consolevault.html

When you gotta lock it in the truck, this is probably my best option! LOVE IT!! Not only for guns, but everything else too.
man, that's awesome, but i'd need to get some non bench seats for that to work...where buckets an option on regular cabs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanfoy View Post

this
i'd do one of those if i had my CCL...i'm pretty sure TX law says since i don't have the permit it has to be concealed in the vehicle
Old 08-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #9
my6 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: SAC/SP
my6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

this
Who makes it, where'd ya get it and how much did it cost ya? I want it.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #11
NYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant future
Name: Joe
NYNURSE's Tacoma Gallery
Wet Okole with built in holster. Won't hide a full size but medium and small frames are out of view.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #12
ethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 314MXG
Name: ethan
ethanfoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by my6 View Post
I was searching the web and come across this it dont come with a holster its just the strap but it will work with any holster I think i searched steering column holster it just so happened to be in a 1st gen tacoma
Old 08-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #13
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Does your leg(s) hit the holster when you're shifting/braking/etc.?
Old 08-02-2013, 06:47 AM   #14
jlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlove1974 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jlove1974's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlife View Post
on my hip mostly. I wondered the same thing about placement on my truck but found I am in and out the truck so much easier to just keep it on me.
This. If someone is pointing a gun or threatening my life and I'm still in the drivers seat, I'm going to do one of two things:

1. drive away at a high rate of speed
2. run them over

It depends on how close and how far in front of my bumper they are.
Sorry if that sounds crazy, but no way I'm getting in a rolling gunfight with someone. And during a carjacking, you've already lost tactical advantage so 'draw speed' in a car is something I don't worry about.
4'oclock in a Kydex/horsehide IWB holster.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #15
Reaper
09 Redneck is a jewel in the rough09 Redneck is a jewel in the rough09 Redneck is a jewel in the rough
09 Redneck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by my6 View Post
http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/
I have one in mine. Works great, think I paid around 50-60 for it.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:06 AM   #16
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

this
x2. I clocked mine a bit to allow an easier draw with my right hand.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #17
SteveNC is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
SteveNC's Tacoma Gallery
That is strange. In NC you have to have all firearms out in the open visible to law enforcement (and burgulars) unless you have a CC permit. By law, that means if you aren't CC you must have it on the seat, dash, or rear window on racks. Behind or undef the seat or in glove box/center console is considered consealed.

I have CC now so we can do either but we I normally carry on us or I keep in the case for safe transport. NRA Store has some decent vehicle options, including one which would make it easy to grab on the way out when being carjacked.

http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/Pro...=SA+22672&ct=e
Old 08-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #18
my6 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: SAC/SP
my6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was searching the web and come across this it dont come with a holster its just the strap but it will work with any holster I think i searched steering column holster it just so happened to be in a 1st gen tacoma

Thank you Sir...
Old 08-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #19
Future Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really nice
Marines:
Name: Jeff
Future Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hi.

They don't show anything for your year.

But I really like this company and there products.

I bet you could make something work.
https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-455-...bles-tote.aspx

I had a 1995 1/2 Tacoma Regular Cab with bucket seats and I think I ordered a locking center console for a Jeep Wrangler or whatever the model was that year and it fit like a glove.

See what you think.

Good luck.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #20
Future Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really nice
Marines:
Name: Jeff
Future Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a good picture of it.
https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-85-d...le-8-wide.aspx