1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

i'm looking for a 2000 3.4liter v6 engine for my taco

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by jimistevie, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Jul 30, 2013 at 7:15 PM
    jimistevie

jimistevie [OP] Member

Member:
    looking for a 2000 taco or 4 runner engine that is in good shape with no damage with less than 100,000 miles on it.

mine blew a rod with 127,000 miles on it.[​IMG]

don't know if it being a pre runner makes a difference.

thank you for your time. i'm a newbie on this forum.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

i live in pensacola florida.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  2. Jul 31, 2013 at 2:09 AM
    smuook

smuook Daily Driver "Plus"

Member:
    First Name:
    Smuook
    Loganville, GA
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC V6 PreRunner
    Billy 5100, Satoshi, MBW Wheels, All Pro Front Bumper with 3x PIAA 530, LED dash lighting, other stuff too much to list
    Did you try local engine shops? I bet if you ask around you could find a rebuilt bottom end, then have your top end installed on it.

3. Jul 31, 2013 at 8:10 AM
    jimistevie

jimistevie [OP] Member

Member:
    i am a girl so you guys can laugh at my in experience w/car language. we are meeting today with our mechanic to discuss our options with the taco, if that's an option like you suggested, it would be a whole lot cheaper. our mechanic said it is difficult to determine what caused it. he is going to put it on the rack and with a snake like scope see if he can determine why this happened.

here is what originally happened with the car: i purchased this taco last month. the third time i drove it, less than a week from the first time, it started sputtering and acting like it wasn't getting any gas, and the check engine light came on. i immediately dropped it off at my mechanic's place which was a few blocks away, even though it was after hours, so he could look at it the next day.
    the next day, my mechanic coded it , it came up with a misfire in cylinder #2. he drove the taco up the road to test drive it and it began shaking violently and a rod knocked a piece of the engine block completely out between the exhaust manifold and the head gasket on the passenger side of the engine. the piece was the size of 1 1/2 " square. :mad:

it is so sad that this has happened. i did a lot of research to buy a taco and my first experience is this. so far it has been difficult finding an engine with low miles 100,000 or less b/c it's a 2000.

Products Discussed in

To Top