Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bumper Lights to Fog Lights

Old 03-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
Head of the MASTERS CIRCLE
mar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to behold

mar_ga_rita's Tacoma Gallery
Bumper Lights to Fog Lights

Is there a way to convert the lights in the bumper from turnsignals.... to fog lights....
Old 03-03-2009, 12:43 AM   #2
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I believe you can get hella 550's to fit pretty easily
Old 03-03-2009, 03:49 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Anything can be done - it depends on how much money & time you got.

This has been asked before and there are other threads about it.

If you need to convert your parking lights to turn signals, I have a writeup for that.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:53 AM   #4
mar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Anything can be done - it depends on how much money & time you got.

This has been asked before and there are other threads about it.

If you need to convert your parking lights to turn signals, I have a writeup for that.
I had searched around a little and came up without anything.... even looked on other sites... and still nada... but parking lights to turns is a start...
Old 03-03-2009, 11:41 AM   #5
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I guess you haven't searched hard enough, because there are writeups on various sites, but the signal lenses weren't built to take the heat of fog light bulbs.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
I guess you haven't searched hard enough, because there are writeups on various sites, but the signal lenses weren't built to take the heat of fog light bulbs.
Yea I have been tied up with school and work... looking to see if anyone has made one...
Old 11-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #7
Taco 4 the dirt, Evo 4 the street
imprezivevo is on a distinguished road

Name: Rich
imprezivevo's Tacoma Gallery
Ya...no luck on any write ups, please post one
Old 11-12-2009, 11:14 PM   #8
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I've been brainstorming this a bit. I was thinking maybe of doing the turn signal relocation to the parking lamps. Buy clear lenses for all of the lights. And then installing a switch in the cab that could control the lights in the bumper to turn them into fog lights. Thoughts? Ideas?
Old 11-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #9
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
So this is semi related. My left front marker light is burned out but after struggling with for over an hour I can't get it out. What am I doing wrong? Stupid Haynes manual makes it look so easy: "Remove retaining screw and pull out housing.." Not happening.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:08 PM   #10
slickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really niceslickyd is just really nice

Name: David
slickyd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudpedal View Post
So this is semi related. My left front marker light is burned out but after struggling with for over an hour I can't get it out. What am I doing wrong? Stupid Haynes manual makes it look so easy: "Remove retaining screw and pull out housing.." Not happening.
I had to replace one of mine when i first got my truck. Mine was hard to come out but just put a little force into it and it should pop out. Just be careful not to break anything. Listen for cracking plastic.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #11
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
ive done this mod to my 02 tacoma cost me ten bucks all i needed where clear blinker bulbs and orange turn signals then i took off the corner lights spliced both wires and swiched em so now the turn signal are fogs that turn on with the headlights and the corner lights are turn signals. GREAT MOD!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIC View Post
ive done this mod to my 02 tacoma cost me ten bucks all i needed where clear blinker bulbs and orange turn signals then i took off the corner lights spliced both wires and swiched em so now the turn signal are fogs that turn on with the headlights and the corner lights are turn signals. GREAT MOD!!!
how did you keep your lights from acting like they were burnt out
Old 11-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #13
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
what do you mean burnt out? my computer thinks they are both working because all you do is switch wires there are no lose wires.