Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Opinions wanted.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:37 AM   #1
I3uller is on a distinguished road
Army: 82nd Airborne
I3uller's Tacoma Gallery
Opinions wanted.

So I'm trying to figure out what to do with the front of the taco. Don't like all that chrome up there and the billet isn't really doing it for me. I like the idea of blacking all the chrome out and putting in one of these grillcraft grills
http://www.grillcraft.com/applicatio....aspx/1|7/408/
(in black not chrome obviously)

Don't know if all the white with the black on front will make it look like a retarded panda though. Top picture is how it sits now, first down is just the bumper black, and second down is bumper + surround black...both crappy quick ps jobs. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #2
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
I like when white and black are used together. To me the third picture looks the best of the three...
Old 03-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
my .02 cents;

black out billet grill, leave chrome surround, black out bumper.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #4
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
3rd one all the way. x2 on the white with black trim looks awesome to me.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #5
gonzo6up has a spectacular aura aboutgonzo6up has a spectacular aura about

gonzo6up's Tacoma Gallery
the third picture looks good but you could also just white out the whole truck. Bumpers/ visors/ flares and door handles. the only reason i say that is i had two white tacomas and the white on white looked good. IMO
Old 03-03-2009, 11:02 AM   #6
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
Question ... Are you intending to keep the bumper cover (topmost piece of the bumper assembly) white? That's the way you showed it in the illustrations ...
Old 03-03-2009, 12:12 PM   #7
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
errrrr...maybe black bumper and paint the grill surround white? Idk, chrome isn't something I'm a fan of. Painting it would look great.

Carbon fiber on the other hand...
Old 03-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #8
I3uller's Tacoma Gallery
I kinda like the black mesh grill, black bumper, chrome surround idea. Also the more I see white tacos with black wheels the more I like it.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #9
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
I think it would look good white on white also..
Old 03-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #10
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
3rd pic. for me too
Old 03-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #11
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
my .02 cents;

black out billet grill, leave chrome surround, black out bumper.
x2
Old 03-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #12
I3uller's Tacoma Gallery
Couple more photoshops I did. Made the whole bumper black (had the white on it before), added a little more tint, clears, blacked the wheels, blacked the billet, and the difference between the two now is chrome surround or black surround. With all the other black now I think the chrome looks way outta place. Little bit of work but would be mostly cheap and I think it helps the look of the truck a lot.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i vote white bumper and grille surround...and black grille insert
Old 03-03-2009, 05:53 PM   #14
SRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of light

SRFIVE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoholic View Post
errrrr...maybe black bumper and paint the grill surround white? Idk, chrome isn't something I'm a fan of. Painting it would look great.

Carbon fiber on the other hand...
x10
The black bumper makes your truck look taller , not a fan of chrome or black grille surround with white truck, but I bet it would look good with white grill surround! Good idea tacoholic!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #15
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Because I cant really reply in your other thread...

You already know my opinion Ryan.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #16
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
try a flat black, to match the flares
Old 03-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #17
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I'd sand down the grill surround. I did mine and it looks like brushed aluminium. looks pretty cool! tones down the chrome and still looks good
Old 03-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #18
The Cooler King
Dustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of light

Dustin03's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Dustin03
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
try a flat black, to match the flares
x2. It's the only way to go.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #19
I3uller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
I'd sand down the grill surround. I did mine and it looks like brushed aluminium. looks pretty cool! tones down the chrome and still looks good
Any pictures?