Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My Take on a Trail Gear Bumper

Old 08-14-2013, 12:26 AM   #21
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Same! Want a plate; specifically an Elite; but, don't want to upgrade the suspension for the extra weight; and yeah, the $$ too
I plan on getting a TrailGear and will probably end up, at least, plating up the spaces in front too. And I happen to love diamond plate; so, thanks for these pictures. Great job!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #22
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
MatthewMay1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatblack View Post
Same! Want a plate; specifically an Elite; but, don't want to upgrade the suspension for the extra weight; and yeah, the $$ too
I plan on getting a TrailGear and will probably end up, at least, plating up the spaces in front too. And I happen to love diamond plate; so, thanks for these pictures. Great job!
Thanks! I appreciate it.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #24
BytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
BytorTruck's Tacoma Gallery

Looks awesome good work!!!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #25
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just updated the OP with pictures of my winch installed! Warn XD9000i. Had to do some cutting of the grille, haven't seen too many Tacomas with integrated solenoid winches so take a look!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:23 AM   #26
VeeSix is on a distinguished road

Army: 3rd US Infantry, 1983 - 87
Name: Ryan
VeeSix's Tacoma Gallery
Love what you did there. Did you try to reclock the winch? Would this have saved you from having to cut your grille?
Old 10-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #27
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
(just saw the new pics)i feel those LEDs would get smashed to pieces. my roller has already taken quite a few hits

also TGs bumper sucks for winches! i had to redrill holes and move mine back about 3" so my cable wasn't destroying the front of the mount spot.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeSix View Post
Love what you did there. Did you try to reclock the winch? Would this have saved you from having to cut your grille?
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
(just saw the new pics)i feel those LEDs would get smashed to pieces. my roller has already taken quite a few hits

also TGs bumper sucks for winches! i had to redrill holes and move mine back about 3" so my cable wasn't destroying the front of the mount spot.
The lights are kind of nestled in there so I would probably be smashing more stuff if I smash those LEDS. My winch bolted right up no problem. Using a hawse fairlead though...figured I woud just replace it when I need to rather than drilling new holes for the roler like I asked about a while ago.