Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

toolbox

Old 03-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
arrintc is on a distinguished road
arrintc's Tacoma Gallery
toolbox

Hey guys, I am wanting a lowprofile black toolbox for my 2002 DoubleCab. My truck is silver so I think the black would look better. What is the cheapest yet durable brand of toolboxes out there, and what are the dimensions I should be looking for? Appreciate the help.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i would just bite the $$ bullet and buy a UWS
Old 03-03-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
arrintc's Tacoma Gallery
That's a sweet looking toolbox.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #5
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine from pickupspecialties.com love it!
Cant remember the price, but its a Delta box

Old 03-04-2009, 10:15 AM   #6
arrintc's Tacoma Gallery
I like the low profile ones, but does anyone have a picture of one that is not low profile on their truck?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:21 AM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 03-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
in my reg cab
the higher the profile the less visibility out the back glass.

and if you haven't seen this?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...x-j-hooks.html

this is how most of us mount the truckbox (gen 2)
he has an 02

i lost no visibility since the regular toolbox only comes up to the bottom of glass
Old 03-04-2009, 12:55 PM   #9
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
TigerFan's truck is outstanding in it's field.....

x2 on the UWS Low-Profile box. Bought mine the first week I had the truck and so far so good. I got it off a store/truck outfitter's display. Instead of ordering one I took the dusty one and got a good discount. There are deals aplenty.

They have a website and will give you all the dimensions you're looking for as well as where to buy. I don't know if there is a difference for the longbed or shortbed versions.

http://www.uwsta.com/
Old 03-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

UWS DID make a slim fit toolbox for shorter bed trucks such as the 02 DCab the OP has...theyre not as "wide" as mine is...when you take a 5.5 foot bed and use a 1.5 feet of that for toolbox...you dont have much cargo area left...

as far as low profile goes...theres no way i could survive without the extra couple of inches ive got...it adds a tremendous amount of storage space on either side above the rails...plus gives you that little extra room to cram junk into
Old 03-04-2009, 01:17 PM   #11
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
A couple of extra inches you have?.......Stop bragging, you're bringing the place down.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:19 PM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTacOma View Post
A couple of extra inches you have?.......Stop bragging, you're bringing the place down.
work with what youve got right?
Old 06-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #13
The Reel Sportsman
TacomaYAK will become famous soon enoughTacomaYAK will become famous soon enough

TacomaYAK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathollo View Post
I got a lowprofile black toolbox from trail boss. I love it! Cost me 280$ even.
I found a guy online that is selling, what sounds like the same one that you have, for $100.....should I get it?

Its missing the keys, but I called trail boss and I can get a new set for $5.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
My wife carries around my toolbox for me. I really like putting my tool in there.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #16
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
...and in a not so strange twist, it's also a taco of sorts.........
Old 06-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #17
The Reel Sportsman
TacomaYAK will become famous soon enoughTacomaYAK will become famous soon enough

TacomaYAK's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #18
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i really like my uws low profile toolbox.(with my high lift mounted to it.)

Old 06-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #19
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
I really dig the low pro boxes & the high lift mount looks pretty damn good IMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i really like my uws low profile toolbox.(with my high lift mounted to it.)