LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Mini Projector Lens help

Old 08-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #2
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Look cheap to me
Old 08-19-2013, 01:09 AM   #4
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php?cPath=24

Take your pick.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:41 AM   #6
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I'd just go TRS. Reputable. Reliable. And their retrofit kits cone with everything you need
Old 08-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #7
stikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
stikle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
Yeah I'd just go TRS. Reputable. Reliable. And their retrofit kits cone with everything you need
+1

And the customer service is great too.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #8
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
TRS is an amazing company, glad I ordered through them but you can order those if youd like.....
Old 08-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #9
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by afroman5015 View Post
TRS is an amazing company, glad I ordered through them but you can order those if youd like.....
What shrouds did you go with?
Old 08-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #10
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Gatling guns
Old 08-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #11

Ahh thought so. I'm looking to retro here soon and I was browsing thru shrouds and saw some cool ones but I wasn't sure what would fit and what wouldn't. I'll probably stick with gatling gun because they're recommended by TRS
Old 08-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #12
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Apollo here... going to go with Gatling on the wife's Rav4.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:26 AM   #17
I LIVE FOR THIS
ARB1977 has a spectacular aura aboutARB1977 has a spectacular aura about

ARB1977's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRQ TACO View Post
Anything is better then having polygons as light output
People are giving their thoughts and personally I would agree. Do it the right way. If your mind is already set then do what you want.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:27 AM   #18
I LIVE FOR THIS
ARB1977 has a spectacular aura aboutARB1977 has a spectacular aura about

ARB1977's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Apollo here... going to go with Gatling on the wife's Rav4.

Those are sick. How hard was the install?
Old 08-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #19
stikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
stikle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
You'd be surprised at how much Ebay projectors suck.
I wouldn't be...now. I went through two sets of them until I said screw it and did a proper retrofit. Worth every penny. Now I'm looking at new housings and a TRS kit for my Civic...get rid of those drop-in blinders I've had for 10 years.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #20
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARB1977 View Post
Those are sick. How hard was the install?
Cook the housing to separate the cover, paint the reflector, when dry, install the projector, futz with the mounting ring for an hour filing it so the cutoff fence is horizontal, reassemble with fresh Window Weld, cook it again to soften the adhesive/sealant, install, wire, and aim.

Because of my work schedule, it took me 2 months, but the entire job CAN be done in a day if you cook the reflector again after spraying the paint. You don't want the paint curing in the enclosed housing, it can fog the lens.
Most guys do cook it, but I just left mine open for a couple of weeks before reassembling.

I bought a new set of housings so I'd have clean lenses and there wouldn't be any stress during install.