1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No 4wd at all 99 taco

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tacotrev0123, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Aug 20, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    tacotrev0123

tacotrev0123 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trev
    alabama
    Vehicle:
    99 sr5
    I've got a 99 taco sr5 v6 manual trans . 4 wheel drive gear shifter in the floor with manual hubs my truck is not an auto disconnect diff truck. I've been looking into trying to get the 4 wheel drive fixed . I bought the truck 3 months ago as a trade in at a dealership the truck drove fine just no four wheel drive. Since I've owned it I've yet to figure out(1) why my front driveshaft doesn't spin when transfer case is in 4hi or 4lo position (2)why my indicator light will not come on .ive been to my local toyota dealer and they gave me a print off of all the part numbers of all the electrical switches and what not and told me that my position switch no.1 is on the driver side of tc by the shifter and no. 2 is on the passenger side of the tc by the shifter. Well my question is would the position switch actually keep the driveshaft from spinning ? I don't have any kind of noise coming from my drivetrain I've pulled the drain and fill plug saw my chain was still intact. But at the same time I'm not sure if there is some kind of components on the inside of my transfer case that would be messed up causing this problem with out any noise. Could the position switches be the cause of my issue ?

2. Aug 20, 2013 at 8:57 PM
    tacotrev0123

tacotrev0123 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trev
    alabama
    Vehicle:
    99 sr5

Products Discussed in

To Top