Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st Gen Offroad Bumper Options Gallery w/ Pics

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #261
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wncjim View Post
Hey guys, I'm lookin for a stock chrome rear bumper for my 03. Do you know of a good online company that I can get a good deal from?
Thanks
I have one that's painted black, not sure how set you are on having a chrome one but its yours if you want it! Your only a state above

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschulte View Post
Yup. Just stating that the 1st gen TG bumper hitch is not rated. I will either be getting one from 01tacoma or 4xinnovations. I haven't decided yet, but I'm not quite ready to buy one.
I cant rate my hitch due to cost in doing so but I don't believe its going anywhere.. If TG can rate theirs and its only attached to the bottom tube and a support tube to the frame plates, mine is the same plus some so id imagine it could be rated similar..

Granted this is the towing upgrade version with a 12" receiver that's braced all the way through out and added bolt holes along the bottom of the frame where a typical hitch would bolt up as well as the two holes along the side of the frame. The standard receiver option will still have everything but the two 45's at the end with gussets and extra frame bolts.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #262
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
MatthewMay1's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone run an All Pro rear bumper with stock tow hitch? Wondering if there would be a gap between them. Not ordering their hitch would save a lot of money since I already have one. Thanks!
Old 06-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #263
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewMay1 View Post
Does anyone run an All Pro rear bumper with stock tow hitch? Wondering if there would be a gap between them. Not ordering their hitch would save a lot of money since I already have one. Thanks!
I would just sell it and re coupe some money personally, the whole point of an offroad bumper in my opinion is to ditch the low hanging hitch and move it up into the bumper for offroad purposes and departure angle.. One thing that turned me away from the allpro bumper and I started making my own, I don't like the fact that you have to buy their hitch and at the $200 price tag on top of the bumper and it still hangs down. defeats the purpose imo.

If I had to guess id say the AP bumper from top to bottom is around 6-7" in total height so see what the stock bumper is and you should be able to guesstimate the gap between the two.. My bumpers are just below the body line to keep them up as high as possible, probably around 5" total height, I really don't remember since selling all the ones I had
Old 06-11-2014, 05:59 PM   #264
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

See I thought leaving the hitch on there I have would be good because I don't care if if scrapes rocks, I would be a little butt heart to scrape up a nice new one
Old 06-11-2014, 06:05 PM   #265
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
I called All-Pro a few weeks ago and, if I remember correctly, they said most non-AllPro hitches won't work with their bumper
Old 06-11-2014, 06:15 PM   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharypaul89 View Post
I called All-Pro a few weeks ago and, if I remember correctly, they said most non-AllPro hitches won't work with their bumper
Ugh, that's annoying. Like how you can't use stock skids with their front bumpers also. Next design I like would be the CBI Outback, but that's around $300 more than the All Pro...
Old 06-11-2014, 06:41 PM   #267

I'll custom build stuff... Shoot me a PM with some designs and I'll work with you on it
Old 06-11-2014, 06:45 PM   #268
dispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
dispatch55126's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
I'll custom build stuff... Shoot me a PM with some designs and I'll work with you on it
If you could take a trail gear tube bumper but make the hitch load bearing, I'd buy one.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:50 PM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by dispatch55126 View Post
If you could take a trail gear tube bumper but make the hitch load bearing, I'd buy one.

I've added a swingout to a TG bumper so anything is possible, id prefer building my own bumper into what you'd want but it doesn't really matter to me.. Anymore details?
Old 06-11-2014, 06:55 PM   #270
braaAAAP
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharypaul89 View Post
Quote:
Ugh, that's annoying. Like how you can't use stock skids with their front bumpers also. Next design I like would be the CBI Outback, but that's around $300 more than the All Pro...
That's one of my only complaints about the AllPro bumpers. They make it so you basically have to use more of their products. In the business world its a pretty smart move but sucks for us consumers.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:04 PM   #271
dispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
I've added a swingout to a TG bumper so anything is possible, id prefer building my own bumper into what you'd want but it doesn't really matter to me.. Anymore details?
Don't take it as criticizing, your work is great. I'm thinking more along the lines of price point.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:08 PM   #272

Quote:
Don't take it as criticizing, your work is great. I'm thinking more along the lines of price point.

I can compete...

My old bumper prices will drop, I've moved onto no longer using hrew and only use DOM but can still keep my prices fairly low
Old 06-11-2014, 07:12 PM   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipps View Post
That's one of my only complaints about the AllPro bumpers. They make it so you basically have to use more of their products. In the business world its a pretty smart move but sucks for us consumers.
Apple does the same thing

Quote:
I just started my summer job so it'll be a while before I have the money for a bumper. I'm just starting to see what my options are. If you could do something along the design of the CBI for near the price of an all pro, I'll seriously consider it. Not for a while though.... I currently have $0 saved for it

Edit: I just noticed you're in SC. Now I'm afraid the shipping will be a SOB
Old 06-11-2014, 07:24 PM   #274

Quote:
Apple does the same thing

I just started my summer job so it'll be a while before I have the money for a bumper. I'm just starting to see what my options are. If you could do something along the design of the CBI for near the price of an all pro, I'll seriously consider it. Not for a while though.... I currently have $0 saved for it

Edit: I just noticed you're in SC. Now I'm afraid the shipping will be a SOB
Yea shipping would be semi an issue, id expect $150 or so but it may be cheaper.. Sliders to WI were $97 but the bumper weighs less than a set of sliders, the dimensions are just a little different obviously.. Ill have to input them into the calc to figure it up.. shoot me a zip code and ill get a estimate.. and which CBI bumper were you considering? & for the price of TG rear tube bumper? Ill look into it and see what I can do
Old 06-11-2014, 08:15 PM   #276

Firefighter:

How much does this weigh?
Old 06-12-2014, 08:53 AM   #277

Quote:

How much does this weigh?

89.4# with the tag mount so id say 88 or so believe it or not. I'll find the pic for you if you'd like, its in my thread somewhere iirc

Ok well apparently photophucket is being its typical self and taking all my pics so I don't have that one anymore.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #278
wncjim is on a distinguished road
wncjim's Tacoma Gallery
I installed my new rear bumper today. It looks good, better than my old dented, rusted one. Thanks for the eBay suggestion. I was nervous about what I would receive but it seems to be as good as stock and cost $450 less than from Toyota.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:08 AM   #279
stumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: spamuel
stumpjumper509's Tacoma Gallery

havent done up the grill with the horns yet but i love this bumper. BRUTE FORCE HYBRID by billy. he does great work. lady slid down an icy hill into me with an audi suv, bout 10 miles per hour. all i had to do was wipe her paint off my bumper. destroyed hers
Old 07-11-2014, 06:01 AM   #280
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpjumper509 View Post
havent done up the grill with the horns yet but i love this bumper. BRUTE FORCE HYBRID by billy. he does great work. lady slid down an icy hill into me with an audi suv, bout 10 miles per hour. all i had to do was wipe her paint off my bumper. destroyed hers
Looks good. And it's also good that it actually works!

Products Discussed in this Thread