Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hi-lift/Shovel mount

Old 08-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Hi-lift/Shovel mount

I needed something to keep me busy yesterday and today (i quit smoking on wed.) and had some tubing lying around the house. This is what i came up with. Tell me what you think...

Old 08-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. I would have made it narrower like this:

You have a square tubing bending machine at home?
Old 08-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Looks good. I would have made it narrower like this:

You have a square tubing bending machine at home?
I thought about making it smaller but wanted something that was removable but offered the support of a permament mount.

As far as a square bender this is what i use:

Old 08-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Really cool idea.

If you drilled two more holes on the other bed rail, you could have just bought 4 or 5 Quick Fists and mounted them that way.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #5
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Really cool idea.

If you drilled two more holes on the other bed rail, you could have just bought 4 or 5 Quick Fists and mounted them that way.
Thanks Madjik! Not sure what you meant by drilling on the bed rail? I didn't drill any holes in mine. The bolts on top will get replaced with t-handle screws that will clamp down on the bed rail
Old 08-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #6
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, right on. I thought it was bolted through for some reason.

Nice. I really like it. Continue it either fore or aft and make a cage for a gas jerry can, and I'm sold.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Oh, right on. I thought it was bolted through for some reason.

Nice. I really like it. Continue it either fore or aft and make a cage for a gas jerry can, and I'm sold.
If i had one i could come up with something.. all in one unit or seperate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
cool idea, how does the shovel attach?

congrats on quitting smoking!!
I figured i could just drill 2 holes in the handle
Thanks i am feeling better already but need to keep busy!
Old 08-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #9
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
would love to see everything mounted on
Old 08-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #10
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatman View Post
I figured i could just drill 2 holes in the handle
Thanks i am feeling better already but need to keep busy!
ok wait.. does this hold a hi lift AND shovel, or one or the other??

what i was envisioning was the hi lift resting on top of the wheel well secured by those handles and then a shovel above that attached to the vertical mounting bar. Is that whats goin on here ? haha
Old 08-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #11
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
ill take one
Old 08-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #12
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffvt0508 View Post
would love to see everything mounted on
LOL if i had a hi-lift i would!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
ok wait.. does this hold a hi lift AND shovel, or one or the other??

what i was envisioning was the hi lift resting on top of the wheel well secured by those handles and then a shovel above that attached to the vertical mounting bar. Is that whats goin on here ? haha
That was the idea I just don't have a hi-lift lol.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #14
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffvt0508 View Post
i can sell u my hi-lift..
LOL that is on one of my to get list
Old 08-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #16
Countinuous improvement
TejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nathan
TejasYOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Great idea.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #17
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Cool idea. I wanna see how that bender is used.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #18
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Cool idea. I wanna see how that bender is used.
Not really much to show. I just cut a piece 12in. longer than i need and place one end in where the angle iron is and hand bend it. It will only do 3/4in. tubing and i usually put a 1in. piece over it to help with leverage. Very simple but effective.