Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed Extender With Tonneau Cover?

Old 03-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
Bre2tSco2t is on a distinguished road

Bre2tSco2t's Tacoma Gallery
Bed Extender With Tonneau Cover?

Trying to find out if I can use a Bed Extender and an Access Limited Cover at the same time. Access website has small blurb about needing 3 inches for the rails of the cover. So, anyone out there using an access roll up cover and bed extender installed?

Thanks,

Bre2tSco2t

04 Double 3.4v6
Old 09-16-2009, 05:06 AM   #3
exminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tony
exminnesotaboy's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have a bed extender, but I can verify that it will need a full 3" on each side(measured from the inside of the bedrail) to accommodate the Access rail
Old 09-16-2009, 05:14 AM   #4
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
The Toyota-branded accessory bed extender conflicts with most tonneaus (but I'm not familiar with the Access tonneau).
Old 09-16-2009, 08:14 AM   #5
Bre2tSco2t is on a distinguished road

Bre2tSco2t's Tacoma Gallery
I did get the Access Limited Cover. I love it, best money spent. I have decided to not bother with a bed extender at this time. Too much trouble, for what I would get out of it. I also got a "BedRug". It works great and keeps things from sliding around in the back pretty good. The sliding issue was one I was hoping the bed extender would help me with. So, all that being said, I think I have a great setup and the only down side is when I need to haul something with the gate down. Thatís what ropes and a trailer are for.