LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Turbo Kit

Old 08-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #22
DHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to behold

DHwreckage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Yea turboing and NA motor..never easy. I come from supra's so i now the turbo talk.

I am going to try this kit out though..but like i said..gonna still take a lot of work to make it work well.

haha!

i gotcha
You better do a write up, i was up at addicted offroad the other weekend getting my new bumper and Scott showed me the turbo system they have on their sas'd 4-runner! and now i want a turbo!
Old 08-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #24
DHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
addicted has a turbo setup?? News to me..haha

and i will. As always.
Yea its pretty bad ass i wish they had a write up of it, btw Blackdawg what else would you need if you picked this kit up to run it? and that intercooler and mounting system would not work to well would have to grab a smaller one and re-pipe to toss it behind the grill!
Old 08-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #25
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i don't think you could get 500hp from a turbo on our trucks. The power band is much too small and a turbo needed to get up there is gonna be a 67+mm inducer. Your power band would suck dick. so it wouldn't be worth it.

the kit CX racing makes would work with the TRD SC as the TRD SC just replaces the intake manifold and the TB is in the same location.

so yes you could use both with no plumbing issues. in fact im certain it would work very well. you would have an awesome powerband.

however the amount of supporting mods to be done to run both safely would be well over 10k.
There is a member on here, XRU, or both. I cannot remember. He has a 5vz. Out of Cali. Red truck. Was making about 450-475 with his setup. Has a video of him drag racing a Viper and beating it.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #27
BlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud of
Navy: EM1 Coastal Warfare
BlackSportD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BlackSportD
I have an account with CXracing and should be getting a kit in soon to work on the EMS.

Kind of feel bad posting though, as even though I can get the kit in fast, I'm strapped on time to install it. If there are any SoCal locals that want to see the kit in it's raw form, I'll have it lying around I guess. I want to have spare parts around as well as I want to play around with intercooler placement and such.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #28
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHwreckage View Post
Yea its pretty bad ass i wish they had a write up of it, btw Blackdawg what else would you need if you picked this kit up to run it? and that intercooler and mounting system would not work to well would have to grab a smaller one and re-pipe to toss it behind the grill!
Yea so far i have this:

-Turbo port injector manifold from URD
-6 addition 380cc injector
-MAP ECU 3
-Walbro 255lph pump
-URD fuel rail tap
-Misimoto small intercooler
-custom IC piping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
There is a member on here, XRU, or both. I cannot remember. He has a 5vz. Out of Cali. Red truck. Was making about 450-475 with his setup. Has a video of him drag racing a Viper and beating it.
yea i saw that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSportD View Post
I have an account with CXracing and should be getting a kit in soon to work on the EMS.

Kind of feel bad posting though, as even though I can get the kit in fast, I'm strapped on time to install it. If there are any SoCal locals that want to see the kit in it's raw form, I'll have it lying around I guess. I want to have spare parts around as well as I want to play around with intercooler placement and such.

you have an account?? do tell?

I tried getting in touch with them just for some question on the kit last week..got nothing back.

And are you developing a EMS or something??
Old 08-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #29
BlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud of
^^ I'm 99.9% that the AEM FIC I'm already running on my S/C is more than enough for the turbo kit. It has a MAF clamp, it tunes for larger injectors the same way the Emanage Ultimate does (directly intercepts the injector drivers and modifies the duty cycle, no "tricking" the ECU into doing this thus throwing off timing and lets one run much larger injectors), tunes live on the fly, uses AEM's nice data logging, has a switch for two maps, controls closed loop air fuels via an o2 sensor tap (works on both narrowband and wideband) and o2 tuning MAP etc etc.

If that isn't enough (doubt it), or people simply want more, I already have IS300 Plug and Play MS3Pro standalone setups, and can make 5vz versions. That would be good for guys with built motors going for big numbers.

Due to laziness, I'll keep the S/C on, but I don't like compound boosting, so I'll find a way to highjack the S/C's bypass to turn the S/C off when the turbo comes online, like the new VW twin charged motor design. The difficulty will be smoothing out the transition. Hoping the CXracing wastegate is very responsive.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #30
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Interesting.

However..do tell me how you plan on running a MAF with the turbo? the inlet is 4'' and there ain't a whole lot of room there.

Speed density is the way to go about it IMO. Much more accurate as it goes off Intake pressure as opposed to how much air is moving..

Id be curious on the MS3 setup. I almost did that to my supra..but decided to go with the MAFT Pro piggy back for speed density.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #31
The kit does not delete the MAF, it has a MAF flange near the BOV- that is one of the issues I'm concerned about from my past tuning experiance.

If one does not want a MAF, the AEM FIC has a MAP sensor, and with data logging you can use it's MAF output map to simulate a MAF, somewhat converting your setup to speed density while keeping the CEL off. But thats extreme. IMO just put the MAF the same distance from the TB as OE, and get the BOV away from that area to avoid turbulance. Amazingly MAFs seem to do great even in boost. With the IS300, people run into way more problems putting the MAF pre-turbo vs. OE distance from TB. But thats why I want to run the kit- iron these things out.

The MS3pro can run speed density, mass air flow, alpha-n and blended maps. The mass air flow is not that refined yet, but I can't see many wanting to run that anyhow- but a blended setup much like the newere OE boosted cars could be cool. It also can run a flex fuel sensor and compensate. Its overkill for the kit in its raw form IMO, but for those going big, its a great EMS, especially keeping in mind the price point.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #32
Dr. Frankenstein

Yea MS3 is great for the price and cusomization.

and interesting. Did not know it kept the stock MAF. However..the BOV being right by it is an issue...Is it post MAF or Pre MAF??

and yea MAF does work i have no doubts. My supra was MAF to begin with. I just know you can get a more refined tune with speed density.

I would maybe try the FIC in MAP mode personally.

Let me know when you have a good product..id love to help test it out or anything. Very interesting kit you have for the SC.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #33
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Holy hells shits, I thought the 5vz went away...
Quote:
Here is a supra guy that Twin charged his 7mgte with a TRD sc and stockish turbo. Awesome power band

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...56-Twincharged.
Sweet build. W/e happened to your build? Ive been following for a while (not a member, just lurking):

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...build-D/page12
Old 08-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #34
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
Holy hells shits, I thought the 5vz went away...

Sweet build. W/e happened to your build? Ive been following for a while (not a member, just lurking):

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...build-D/page12

my build died

i parted out all the big parts and sold the stock parts and car to the owner of our local Toyota dealership. He rebuilt it back to stock. Drives like a dream now. He let me drive it and lets me take it out for a spin some times whenever i want. Said he would sell it back to me when im out of school with a real job haha

i said deal. Motor still has the all the work i did to it. Just running stock turbo and fuel and quiet exhaust.

Just waiting to be unleashed.

the part out helped pay for my trucks resurrection and the Moab trip i rolled it at as well as my rear bumper and RTT.

i regret selling it a lot..but at the same time..i don't. It was a fun car though. and ill get it back someday

And yea i wish that guy would post more vids! i know somewhere he posted dyno results..just can't remember where..was awesome power band though. compared to most of the 7mgte's.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #35
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSportD View Post

Videos.... quarter mile pull if possible. And Dyno (with stats). That would be awesome.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #36
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
On Customtacos there's a kid (guy?) with a green 98-00 4x4, homemade turbo with meth injection, making something in the ballpark of 430/550 HP/TQ.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #38
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
my build died

i parted out all the big parts and sold the stock parts and car to the owner of our local Toyota dealership. He rebuilt it back to stock. Drives like a dream now. He let me drive it and lets me take it out for a spin some times whenever i want. Said he would sell it back to me when im out of school with a real job haha

i said deal. Motor still has the all the work i did to it. Just running stock turbo and fuel and quiet exhaust.

Just waiting to be unleashed.

the part out helped pay for my trucks resurrection and the Moab trip i rolled it at as well as my rear bumper and RTT.

i regret selling it a lot..but at the same time..i don't. It was a fun car though. and ill get it back someday

And yea i wish that guy would post more vids! i know somewhere he posted dyno results..just can't remember where..was awesome power band though. compared to most of the 7mgte's.
Damn... Just so you know, thats my dream car/engine.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #39

what would you think about running this kit with low psi and no fuel or computer mods, how low would you need to run it you think? and then eventually upgrade the fuel and get a piggy back.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #40
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
Damn... Just so you know, thats my dream car/engine.
really? A MKIII supra and the 7mgte?? cool man! i loved it..and miss it..can't wait for another..someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHwreckage View Post
what would you think about running this kit with low psi and no fuel or computer mods, how low would you need to run it you think? and then eventually upgrade the fuel and get a piggy back.

no possible. The wastegate that comes with it has a 8 lb spring. In other words the lowest psi you can run is 8 psi. you can get by with 4 though without an ecu piggy back. but this kit can't do 4. 8 is the lowest.