Notices

recomendations for seafoming

Old 03-05-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
WARTHOG
MCRANEY will become famous soon enoughMCRANEY will become famous soon enough
Air Force: A-10 Crew Chief
MCRANEY's Tacoma Gallery
recomendations for seafoming

Not going to start a poll. I just want to see how many people recomend seafoaming. I want to try it, just a little nervous.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRANEY View Post
Not going to start a poll. I just want to see how many people recomend seafoaming. I want to try it, just a little nervous.
i highly recommend it man. been doing it on quite a few vehicles and lawn mowers for a good while now........always good results...never any problems from my end.

go thru the brake booster line.............easy as pie.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
bpiersma is on a distinguished road

bpiersma's Tacoma Gallery
I did mine a few days ago. Hard to tell if there is any difference in the idle...maybe slight. I'm trying to improve gas mileage, so that will take time to determine. If nothing else, it's fun. Fill your whole neighborhood with white smoke.
If you do, while it's billowing white smoke out the tail pipe, put a white cloth over/under it to catch whatever comes out (be careful not to breath the exhaust...just do it for a few seconds and then run away). Check the cloth to see if any black chunks came out from your valves.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I was nervous as hell the first time too. Just follow the directions on the can and you'll be good.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:30 PM   #5
Still For Sale
BUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to all

Army: Chinook Crew 101st ABN
BUK 0H5's Tacoma Gallery
Seafoam makes the baby Jesus cry.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:43 PM   #6
dustinuhls is on a distinguished road

dustinuhls's Tacoma Gallery
I just did mine today for the first time. It blew out a lot of smoke for about 10-15 minutes and then cleared right up. The truck wasn't running bad or anything before, but I just rolled over 65K mi and decided to do a little routine maintenance. I also flushed and filled the coolant system w/ some new Toyota Red coolant. $30/gal ouch!
Old 03-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #7
2004Taco will become famous soon enough

2004Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 2004Taco Send a message via Yahoo to 2004Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUK 0H5 View Post
Seafoam makes the baby Jesus cry.

hahaha x2
Old 03-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #8
Problem Child
Racinkid13 is just really niceRacinkid13 is just really niceRacinkid13 is just really niceRacinkid13 is just really nice

Racinkid13's Tacoma Gallery
Aint bad, seems to get rid of most of that carbon build up. Ive got a nice exhaust leak right in front of my cat, and i can watch that black crap just dribble out.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #9
gonzo6up has a spectacular aura aboutgonzo6up has a spectacular aura about

gonzo6up's Tacoma Gallery
seafoam is the best stuff on hte market for cleaning out the engine and fuel system. It will look a little scary when you start your truck up but that's normal and hte difference is unbelieveable
Old 03-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
dustinuhls is on a distinguished road

dustinuhls's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo6up View Post
seafoam is the best stuff on hte market for cleaning out the engine and fuel system. It will look a little scary when you start your truck up but that's normal and hte difference is unbelieveable
I was told that if I put it in my gas tank that I should change the fuel filter soon after... Is this true? Does it do any damage to the fuel filter? I would think it would help clean it out also. I thought putting it in your gas tank was just to help clean the injectors and such.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinuhls View Post
I was told that if I put it in my gas tank that I should change the fuel filter soon after... Is this true? Does it do any damage to the fuel filter? I would think it would help clean it out also. I thought putting it in your gas tank was just to help clean the injectors and such.
nah.....you can put some in your gas tank.....no real need to worry about the filter.