1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2004 Taco Door Problem

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Belizetacoma, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Sep 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    Belizetacoma

Belizetacoma [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Armin
    Belmopan, Belize
    Vehicle:
    2008 prerunner 6cyl 4 door
    Out of the blue the driver's side door will not open with the spare key...actually it only lifts the lock half way. The automatic opener opens it as per normal, however it doesn't with the spare. Is this a sign of something going bad? update: the remote also seems to stick now and it also happened with the original key...not sure what is causing this problem. This is happening to my 04 taco extra cab.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013 at 5:18 PM
    Dcpsychobilly

Dcpsychobilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aurora Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab Taco
    Bumpers, skids, lights and more lights, trail gear bumper, sliders, front kings, dakar lift leaf springs rear, corbeau seats
    Welcome to TW

I'd suggest taking off your door panel and checking the door locking mechanism, I once owned a pathfinder (95 I think) that happened then it just didn't open. There was a little plastic piece that broke and the rod that connected from the key /lock to the handle couldn't do its job (unlocking). So I had to replace that little piece, and the passenger side was barely hanging on also (checked it and replaced it before it broke)
    Goodluck and if you can post your findings

3. Oct 18, 2013 at 5:20 AM
    Belizetacoma

Belizetacoma [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Armin
    Belmopan, Belize
    Vehicle:
    2008 prerunner 6cyl 4 door
    Thank you for your input. I was unable to look at the door since I sold the truck. The new owner is aware of the problem and says he will address.

Products Discussed in

To Top