Notices

someone please help me with my dilema!

View Poll Results: quality suspension or average lift with awesome goodies
Plan A 7 14.00%
Plan B 43 86.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2013, 12:37 AM   #21
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
Phone messed up so couldnt finish.

Great job. And get a cb! I will help install. And you can talk back and durring the run.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:56 AM   #22
robssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
robssol's Tacoma Gallery
None of the above. Alternate plan C. Invest it and in a few years you'll be able to get whatever you want for your truck! Be carefull. You might make to much and not want to pull it out
Old 09-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #23
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by addicus24 View Post
So Robby, your wife "gives you $2000.00"? If your wife works and you don't, or the $2K was a birthday gift, then I certainly understand the phraseology you used. If, however, you both work, or only you work, and it was not a birthday/anniversary gift and you use that phraseology, you my friend should be shopping for a pair of balls and not an accessory to you truck.
Please understand, I'm not making a judgement, yet. Just asking for clarification.
Jeezus, either I'm missing something or this is the douchiest comment I've seen for a bit, what the hell difference does it make ?? & more importantly what business is it of yours ?? The guys wife gave him a nice chunk of change, I think its pretty awesome nice to see a wife giving to her husband, usually the other way around, & "shopping for a pair of balls". Dude, really ??....

& WTF is "phraseology" ??

OP, def. option B will fit your needs , besides its better to have a functional truck that does that, than to have one with all the bells & whistles just to look cool, You can still have an awesome looking truck with plan B too..
Old 09-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #24
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
"dilema"

#firstworldproblems

Old 09-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #26
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: 00
Guerrilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by addicus24 View Post
So Robby, your wife "gives you $2000.00"? If your wife works and you don't, or the $2K was a birthday gift, then I certainly understand the phraseology you used. If, however, you both work, or only you work, and it was not a birthday/anniversary gift and you use that phraseology, you my friend should be shopping for a pair of balls and not an accessory to you truck.
Please understand, I'm not making a judgement, yet. Just asking for clarification.
Psssh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby655 View Post
Addicus24 as I am an active duty member of the worlds greatest airforce as a Tower air traffic controller i certainly do my part when it comes to the $$$ in my marriage... and as its not my birthday my wife just felt like being a total badass and said "Hey hun your truck looks like a grandpa truck, go ahead and tap into our bank account a bit.. your limit is 2 grand" I didnt dare second guess her and i started ordering!! feel free to ask her, my balls are completely intact... i just didnt think it would be a good idea to go at this without her blessing as she also does her share of helping out with the bills!!

And thank you everyone for your input, looks clear to me that i should go with plan B... eh when these 5100's give out in a couple years ill go with the fancy king c/o's
Bro you don't owe anybody an explanation of jack. You weren't asking for an interrogation questionnaire.
I'd say plan B. And thanks for your service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Jeezus, either I'm missing something or this is the douchiest comment I've seen for a bit, what the hell difference does it make ?? & more importantly what business is it of yours ?? The guys wife gave him a nice chunk of change, I think its pretty awesome nice to see a wife giving to her husband, usually the other way around, & "shopping for a pair of balls". Dude, really ??....

& WTF is "phraseology" ??

OP, def. option B will fit your needs , besides its better to have a functional truck that does that, than to have one with all the bells & whistles just to look cool, You can still have an awesome looking truck with plan B too..
Exactly what I was thinking.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #27
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
I say go performance over looks, thats what i always do.

Cost wise I'd do the Icon Stage 2 and call her done. Know need for new UCAs unless you plan on playing harder or trying to squeeze minimal down travel out of the stock suspension using extended travel COs. Bilstiens in the back suck in my opinion and get way too hot quickly; the 2.5" COs will pair nice with the rear reses 2.0s.

Link to kit I'm talking about is below, just shop elsewhere for a deal and you'll be under 2k and can spend the rest on sizzle

http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/s...d-Stage-2.html
Old 09-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #28
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Plan D: Toytec 5100 coilovers, wheelers 5 pack leaf pack and rear 5100's. that leaves you a grand to do whatever else with. New tires ect. Upgrade the suspension for everyday driving and comfort and still function off road too, its a win win situation. No need to get all crazy to pound the pavement.