Plan A 7 14.00%
Plan B 43 86.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
Robby655 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Air traffic controller
Name: Rob
Robby655's Tacoma Gallery
Question someone please help me with my dilema!

So heres whats going on!!
-Wife gave me about 2 grand to blow away... so of course its going to my truck... but im torn

Do I:
A- get camburg uca's, king coilovers, icon AAL and rear 5100's

OR

B- Get 5100s all around and eibach coils and have about 1200-1400 to put elsewhere like satoshi, lightbar, new (used) tires (im on 265/70 Michelins) new HID's and probably still have some $$$ left over!

the truck is a 2wd DD that I admittedly do not off-road THAT much, i go camping like once a month... so i wouldn't really even use the Mid-travel set up but it looks REALLY cool

any input is appreciated
Old 09-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Plan B... No sense in buying all that expensive stuff if you're to going to use it....
Old 09-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
Colt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
Plan A...go big or go home.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
used super charger.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
Coast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast2Coast's Tacoma Gallery
I voted B because you're 2WD and I believe a good set of tires would be your single best improvement.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
I vote plan C: That is plan B, skipping the 5100s and Eiback, and blow the rest on strippers!

Just kidding. But if you are not going to go wheeling in it, I would think the heavy suspension modding would just make the ride stiffer, and gain little.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
Hey hey robbie! Long time no talk to. I voted plan b. For the needs we have out here you will be solid with he 5100's. Then take the rest and get tires and a bumper!
Old 09-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #8
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
I voted B, if you're not going to wheel it that much- get more than just suspension. Billies won't do you wrong, and as someone said prior- tires are key for 2wd
Old 09-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #10
Hawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant future

Name: Tony
Hawaiian05's Tacoma Gallery
Plan B for sure. Like everyone said, no point in all the heavy mods if only light offloading. I just installed the same setup, including aal in the rear, and love it. You won't regret your choice, especially at the price you can get um for on Toytec.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #11
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Plan A. I started off with 5100 and just wanting a lift. Then hitting the desert and trails a few times made me want more. So I went mid travel. And surely that wasn't enough so I went Long Travel. Then I went full retard and sold my long travel Tacoma for a Subaru Sti.... But I sold that and got an Fj now which is going to rock a LT kit.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #12
www.sos-offroadconcepts.com
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
plan B all the way!
Old 09-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #13
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
B since if you don't live near a desert or do prerunning the billies will work great
Old 09-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #14
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz View Post
used super charger.
this. plus plan B...
i bought one for $1650 shipped about 8 months ago, but u could possibly do better
as my signature states, i haven't installed my s/c yet cuz i need about 1500 more bucks for the rest of the goodies plus a daily driver before i start the project...
Old 09-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #15
addicus24 is on a distinguished road
EMS: Paramedic
addicus24's Tacoma Gallery
What's It Worth?

So Robby, your wife "gives you $2000.00"? If your wife works and you don't, or the $2K was a birthday gift, then I certainly understand the phraseology you used. If, however, you both work, or only you work, and it was not a birthday/anniversary gift and you use that phraseology, you my friend should be shopping for a pair of balls and not an accessory to you truck.
Please understand, I'm not making a judgement, yet. Just asking for clarification.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #16
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
A . B is a total waste
Old 09-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #17
Robby655 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Air traffic controller
Name: Rob
Robby655's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by addicus24 View Post
So Robby, your wife "gives you $2000.00"? If your wife works and you don't, or the $2K was a birthday gift, then I certainly understand the phraseology you used. If, however, you both work, or only you work, and it was not a birthday/anniversary gift and you use that phraseology, you my friend should be shopping for a pair of balls and not an accessory to you truck.
Please understand, I'm not making a judgement, yet. Just asking for clarification.
Addicus24 as I am an active duty member of the worlds greatest airforce as a Tower air traffic controller i certainly do my part when it comes to the $$$ in my marriage... and as its not my birthday my wife just felt like being a total badass and said "Hey hun your truck looks like a grandpa truck, go ahead and tap into our bank account a bit.. your limit is 2 grand" I didnt dare second guess her and i started ordering!! feel free to ask her, my balls are completely intact... i just didnt think it would be a good idea to go at this without her blessing as she also does her share of helping out with the bills!!

And thank you everyone for your input, looks clear to me that i should go with plan B... eh when these 5100's give out in a couple years ill go with the fancy king c/o's
Old 09-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #18
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't drop 2k on 5100's a satoshi and a lightbar.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #19
LSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant future

Name: Logan
LSC15's Tacoma Gallery
Plan B man with the OMD springs to match the eibach/5100s on the front. Also you should retrofit your headlights. If got some left over maybe tint, exhaust, paint match your front end. New wheels and bigger tires too
Old 09-15-2013, 12:34 AM   #20
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by addicus24 View Post
Not the case. Hahaha

[QUOTE=Robby655;7430397]Addicus24 as I am an active duty member of the worlds greatest airforce as a Tower air traffic controller i certainly do my part when it comes to the $$$ in my marriage... and as its not my birthday my wife just felt like being a total badass and said "Hey hun your truck looks like a grandpa truck, go ahead and tap into our bank account a bit.. your limit is 2 grand" I didnt dare second guess her and i started ordering!! feel free to ask her, my balls are completely intact... i just didnt think it would be a good idea to go at this without her blessing as she also does her share of helping out with the bills!!

And thank you everyone for your input, looks clear to me that i should go with plan B... eh when these 5100's give out in a couple years ill go with the fancy king c/o's :QUOTE]hhh