1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What's it worth 01 Tacoma 4x4

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by mfidler1, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Sep 15, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    mfidler1

mfidler1 [OP] Member

Member:
    I know another whats it worth thread, but I'd like to hear your two cents. First off I'm really on the fence about selling its been a great truck no problems other than replacing the blower motor.

Here's the link to the tacoma world ad.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacoma-marketplace/274977-wts-2001-tacoma.html

I know the miles aren't the lowest but not bad for a truck that's an 01.

I'd really like to hear your input kbb has it at 8.4k and some change, I was also offered that today for it. Should I have taken it? It seems like the tacos bring a premium though.

2. Sep 15, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    wrat

wrat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma Xcab 4x4 TRD
    I think $9,000'ish would be a good price. Below that would be an easy sell around my parts.

Late last year I searched for a solid month for all Tacoma's that were V6, 4x4, TRD. I searched every state between Washington and Texas. I didn't mind driving for a good deal. Not once did I come across one listed at or near KBB/NADA, they were all thousands above (OK, I guess I did come across a few, but they were beaten on or showed lack of maintenance). I asked a couple places why they were asking above KBB and they all told me that it was because they could sell them for that. I ended up with exactly the truck I wanted, BUT it had been repaired following a side swipe from an accident. Still with a clean title due to a bit of sheet metal damage, that was the only way I could find one close to KBB pricing. And yes, even that one was an out of state find.

3. Sep 15, 2013 at 4:51 PM
    WThomas1250

WThomas1250 Well-Known Member

Member:
    It really should go for higher than 8.4. And 140K isn't really that "high" of mileage for a 12 year old truck, let alone a Tacoma.
    In my area it would sell immediately if it was manual.

4. Sep 15, 2013 at 7:01 PM
    roguewaave

roguewaave Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas/Maine
    Vehicle:
    stock
    stock
  5. Sep 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    mfidler1

mfidler1 [OP] Member

Member:
    Yeah, everyone wants to go off kbb and not the market. oh well

I wish it was a manual I probably wouldn't even be thinking about selling it....I wonder how hard a 5 speed swap is???

I did see that, sounds like a great find. Makes me think mine is worth at least $9200-$9500

Products Discussed in

To Top