Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Has anyone done an install on a 4.0l v6 supercharger???

Old 09-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
Cam patrick is on a distinguished road

Name: Cam
Cam patrick's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone done an install on a 4.0l v6 supercharger???

Has anyone done an install on a 4.0l v6 supercharger??? If you have how'd you do it, time spent, cost, everything! I'm looking to possibly do this any pointers and pics would be great!
Old 09-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #4
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
correct me if Im wrong but there was no 4.0 in the 1st gens.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Easy guys, he's new. Point him in the right direction, pat him on his head, and hurry him along. No need for sarcasm.

OP, ask the mods to move to the 2nd gen forums, you'll get better answers:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/
Old 09-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #8
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
But he owns a 04 prerunner?? Or did he do a motor swap??
Hmm, good point.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #9
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
first gen truck asking how to install on a second gen engine....
Old 09-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #10
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5995 View Post
first gen truck asking how to install on a second gen engine....
in the first gen section. Too many variables.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #11

Hey guys sorry I've been in class all day today, and I just assumed the truck being a v6 would be a 4.0, but I would love all the extra horse power, so that all being said haha any ideas?
Old 09-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #12

Oh and no motor swap lmao
Old 09-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #13
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
you have the 3.4l 5vzfe V6. You do not have a 4.0l 1grfe V6.

Good news is the SC will be much cheaper then the 4.0 one.

Bad news is its still expensive. think they are 2800 new from the dealer and you'll need the install kit which is a bit more. so around 3000 or more new and if you can't do it yourself add some labor.

Install is easy. Just swap out the Intake manifold and add a new pulley and belt pretty much.

But you should also look into URD's add ons for the SC as many time the TRD charger makes the motor ping from lack of fuel. So adding URD's 7th injector kit is nice insurance..but another 800 bucks or so.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #14

Would you advise maybe a used or salvaged SC? I've looked in to em and they're fairly inexpensive, of corse as the old adage goes, "you get what you pay for" but this would be a great loophole for me if it was an okay loophole haha!
Old 09-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #15
brs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura about
brs127s's Tacoma Gallery
As long as the SC isn't trashed, I wouldn't shy away from a used one. The nose cone is rebuildable and from my understanding, very easy to rebuild.