Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

rusty frame passed inspection

Old 09-18-2013, 04:42 AM   #1
rustyframe is on a distinguished road
rustyframe's Tacoma Gallery
rusty frame passed inspection

If your Tacoma passed the rusted frame recall inspection and now looks like swiss cheese or is failing, I may have a solution to your problem. They passed my tacoma and in less than 2 years it looks like swiss cheese and ready to collapse. Toyota said it passed the recall inspection, so they can't help me. I am now going to fight back. Need others in this situation to confirm that it didn't happen to just me. Thank You
Old 09-18-2013, 05:35 AM   #2
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
thought if they passed inspection, they were supposed to under coat and give a 15 year warranty.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:37 AM   #3
He said "member"...
crainholio will become famous soon enough
Army: Tanker
crainholio's Tacoma Gallery
I had mine at the dealer (same one who inspected and sprayed my truck's frame in 2011) getting the spare tire rack changed last week, and asked about future frame rust. He said that if it did perforate I'd have to take it up with Toyota Customer Care if it happened.

He also said that Toyota was working on an improved rustproofing treatment to address the stuff flaking off but had no detail.

I bought a 6-pack of Fluid Film and will be hosing my frame down before Winter sets in.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:37 AM   #4
He said "member"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake72 View Post
thought if they passed inspection, they were supposed to under coat and give a 15 year warranty.
I had the same impression, but the Toyota letter does not specifically say that as far as I can interpret.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:40 AM   #5
yota32 is on a distinguished road
yota32's Tacoma Gallery
If your taco is a 95, the extended frame warranty ended in 2010 or 15 years after the date of manufacture. If it passed the inspection during that time nothing would have been done since the frame had no perforations. You could've had the frame inspected every year as well. The service campaign and warranty work also depends on where the truck is registered.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:52 AM   #6
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
There was really a lot of opportunity and notification on these frames. Like he said your shot ran out in 2010, 3 years ago. There is literally nothing you can do. That is aside from talking with the salesman and seeing if they will give you a bargain.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:09 PM   #7
getting even

I know all about the time factors, but I am trying to find others in my situation so that I can file a class action suit against Toyota. They told me, when I had it inspected in 2010 that it was fine and that the frame was ok. The frame was rusted out by 2011. My attorney said I need to find other Tacoma owners that had their trucks tested and passed, but they rusted out afterwards. The attorney is ready to go. just need a few other owners to step up. No money required. Toyota Customer Dis-Service will tell you to get bent, like they told me.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:48 AM   #8
yota32 is on a distinguished road
yota32's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is almost 20 years old; why should Toyota provide you any type of compensation for a vehicle of that age? They inspected your frame during the prescribed time period and provided a 15 year warranty; the warranty is up and now you're attempting to sue??? Over what? That the vehicle should last for eternity???
Old 10-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #9
Resident "dude"
tacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
tacotrd647's Tacoma Gallery
Get some steel and weld up the weak spots like everyone else in the world who isnt a freeloader...
Old 10-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #10
Moco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311/0331 Security Plt. Hot dogs & Soda 2/23
Name: Eric
Moco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyframe View Post
I know all about the time factors, but I am trying to find others in my situation so that I can file a class action suit against Toyota. They told me, when I had it inspected in 2010 that it was fine and that the frame was ok. The frame was rusted out by 2011. My attorney said I need to find other Tacoma owners that had their trucks tested and passed, but they rusted out afterwards. The attorney is ready to go. just need a few other owners to step up. No money required. Toyota Customer Dis-Service will tell you to get bent, like they told me.
This will end up costing you a lot of money and you will end up with nothing to show for it. Take the money you would pay to your attorney and use it as a downpayment for a new truck or just buy a replacement for your current truck.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #11
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
I love when people hire a county lawyer to go after big name lawyers.

you'd be better off buying a new frame instead of paying the lawyer.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:15 AM   #12
I take it that none of you replying are the owners I'm looking for. I'll keep trying. And Taco, your freeloader is hanging, down my left pant leg.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:16 AM   #13
Resident "dude"
tacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
tacotrd647's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I take it that none of you replying are the owners I'm looking for. I'll keep trying. And Taco, your freeloader is hanging, down my left pant leg.
Classy! I assumed you had a vagina the way you were whining about this!
Old 10-19-2013, 04:01 AM   #14
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #15
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
I like key lime pie
Old 10-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #16
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco View Post
This will end up costing you a lot of money and you will end up with nothing to show for it. Take the money you would pay to your attorney and use it as a downpayment for a new truck or just buy a replacement for your current truck.
Typical class-action suit of this nature, if and when it is "successful", has the attorney getting almost all the money paid out by the defendant, while all the plaintiffs get a coupon worth "$50" for a Toyota-branded trinket that cost Toyota $12 to produce.

Quote:
If your Tacoma passed the rusted frame recall inspection and now looks like swiss cheese or is failing, I may have a solution to your problem. They passed my tacoma and in less than 2 years it looks like swiss cheese and ready to collapse. Toyota said it passed the recall inspection, so they can't help me.
Exactly when did you buy your truck, and when did you get the frame inspection? As others have said, the frame warranty ended in 2010 for your truck. When you got the frame inspected "less than 2 years" ago, had it failed then, you still wouldn't have been covered.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:10 AM   #17
rusty frame

Had the truck inspected in 2010 before warranty ended. Found the rust a little over a year after that. Dealer said too bad as well as Toyota Customer Service. Love the truck, just feel Toyota dropped the ball on this one. Raz, thanks for your 2 cents. After reading your posts, i think that is all your opinions are worth.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:59 AM   #18
He said "member"...
I'm guessing rustyframe will have a short stay here.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:07 AM   #19
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
anders99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Question. Why is Taco's penis in your pants rusty?
Old 10-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #20
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plain Jane Taco's Tacoma Gallery