Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lifted 1st Gens lets see em

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #41
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
flex you say?

pre repaint back yard flex and yes all tires are on the ground

Old 09-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #42
552Jrider will become famous soon enough

Name: Jeremy
552Jrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by afroman5015 View Post
I want to do this so bad
rock auto would be ur best friend if u wanna do the swap. cheap grille headlights corner lights.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #43
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 552Jrider View Post
why do you not have the crappy stock fender flares flares??

Edit: I see, front end swap looks good
98's dont always come with them
but i am rockin a set of 01-04 flairs now along with a set of sliders

i like them
Old 09-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
flex you say?

pre repaint back yard flex and yes all tires are on the ground

what is ur current wheel tire set up?
Old 09-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
Nice truck, I think I am partial to the look of the early trucks the best though. If anything the 01-04 is tied with it.
95.5-97 is a close second for me. pretty much the only reason i went with the 01-04 is because i needed a new hood anyway

Quote:
I want to do this so bad
doo ett!!!!! so far its my favorite (visual) mod ive done to the truck besides the lift
Old 09-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #46
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
95.5-97 is a close second for me. pretty much the only reason i went with the 01-04 is because i needed a new hood anyway

doo ett!!!!! so far its my favorite (visual) mod ive done to the truck besides the lift
I just don't want to pay for a good and repaint haha and if I could trade my retrofit for someone's front end I'd be fine with it
Old 09-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 552Jrider View Post
what is ur current wheel tire set up?
wheelers type b wheels and 31x10.50xr15 kelly safari tsr? i believe

once these tires go bald im gonna step up to a 33x10.50 in either bfg ko or km2

edit: the other wheels pictured are a set of toyota 17x? wheels off of a tundra/ sequoia, i just sold them to help pay for sliders
Old 09-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #48

Quote:
I just don't want to pay for a good and repaint haha and if I could trade my retrofit for someone's front end I'd be fine with it
a retrofit is the next big ($$$) thing i wanna do to mine

i need a job
Old 09-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #49

Quote:
that's gonna be hard to find. and your trucks paint is a diff color than any 01 -04. it looks the same but its actually a different color.

Edit: maybe not. looks like they are the same. http://www.toyotareference.com/tacoma/1995-2004

Quote:
wheelers type b wheels and 31x10.50xr15 kelly safari tsr? i believe

once these tires go bald im gonna step up to a 33x10.50 in either bfg ko or km2
I like my km2s and good choice on the tire size.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:27 PM   #50
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #52
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post

God I love your truck lol
Old 09-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #53
Yota4Ever is on a distinguished road

Name: Taylor
Yota4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Love your Truck!
Old 09-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #54
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
God I love your truck lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota4Ever View Post
Love your Truck!
Thanks guys! Lots more mods coming soon too
Old 09-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #56
F*ck you Brent

Quote:
Thanks guys! Lots more mods coming soon too
You still running the body lift? I wanna run 35s without going DB or cutting my flares...
Old 09-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #57
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
all the cool kids are running MT/R's now
Ha! Been waiting to ditch the KM2's for 2 years!
Just got the MTRs 2 weeks ago, that was the first off road trip I took with them, so far I really like them based on my few hundred miles of street driving and this first off road trip.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
You still running the body lift? I wanna run 35s without going DB or cutting my flares...
Yeah, until I SAS it. Was thinking of dropping to 33's when I got new tires, but I couldnt force myself to give up the 35's so I'm rocking the BL until I gather all the parts. Even with the BL I've had to hack and beat on the front a ton, and it still rubs. I need to cut out and tub the fire wall back to completely eliminate the rubbing
Old 09-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #59
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ha! Been waiting to ditch the KM2's for 2 years!
Just got the MTRs 2 weeks ago, that was the first off road trip I took with them, so far I really like them based on my few hundred miles of street driving and this first off road trip.
I dig mine

a little louder than the KM2's though; did you have problems with yours?
Old 09-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I dig mine

a little louder than the KM2's though; did you have problems with yours?
Really? Mine are quieter than my old KM2s.

No problems with the KM2s like flats or chunking, basically just tread pattern/elements arent right for me. The KM2s have no lateral traction, no siping, and no sharp biting edges.
They worked awesome in the rocks and dry trails, but they were terrible on wet pavement, muddy trails, snow/ice. And those are a lot of the conditions I see and wheel in, so I needed a tire that performed better in the conditions I use my tires. I felt like the MTR was a good option- nearly solid rib for lateral stability/traction, more biting edges and siping, all while still having an aggressive pattern that is somewhat street friendly.

Products Discussed in this Thread