Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Massive camber issue! 96 5 lug prerunner

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #21
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
HOLD THE FUCK ON

Is this "long travel kit" homemade by chance? Cause it kinda looks like you have 2 stock UCAs hacked together and a stock LCA bolted to another LCA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
That's one scary looking UCA they hacked a stock arm and extended it maybe the kit is off and cause premature wear?
These.... Your kit is fucked up, get a real long travel kit and everything will line up. Manufacturers have an R & D dept for a reason....

Old 09-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #22
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
The coil doesn't look right.
And why aren't you running coil overs?
He is running coil overs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5lugger95 View Post
And i will convert to coil over soon. The higher rated coil and shock do great for a bucket kit though
You are running coil overs.

These are not coil overs (notice, coil not "over" shock, those are bumps in the coil):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Ummm...I'm not quite sure what it is abut this picture but I wouldn't accept an offer to ride in your truck...
x2.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #23
hondarider215 will become famous soon enough

Name: Wes
hondarider215's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post

These are not coil overs (notice, coil not "over" shock, those are bumps in the coil):

x2.
Thats not even close to what he has

Old 09-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #24
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider215 View Post
Thats not even close to what he has
I know...

Old 09-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #25
hondarider215 will become famous soon enough

Name: Wes
hondarider215's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know...

Oh I see what your doing.....

Old 09-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #26
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its not the frame because when i jack up either wheel just slightly off the ground they correct themselves and go straight again. So its not the frame. And im actually 8 inches over stock with the arms and a widrler spindle. I gain 14 inches of travel being so wide. It doesnt strain the parts as much as youd think, because everything is limited before it reaches its full articulation. Obvoiusly something is fudged up though, this damn camber issue is driving me nuts
That doesn't mean it isn't the frame when you jack the truck up even at the LCA you are removing all load on the UCA. It's either the UCA bushings, wheel bearings, or frame flex.

Quote:
the arms for those new to long travel
You should start fresh man I never advise extended stock arms or plate them to death this is pretty haggard.

This is what you should shoot for

Old 09-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #27
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
That doesn't mean it isn't the frame when you jack the truck up even at the LCA you are removing all load on the UCA. It's either the UCA bushings, wheel bearings, or frame flex.

You should start fresh man I never advise extended stock arms or plate them to death this is pretty haggard.

This is what you should shoot for

Next to the washer and dryer like a boss

Old 09-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #28
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

x2.
Coilovers imply that the spring is mounted to the shock, it appears from the pictures (to me at least) that they aren't connected but that the shock still lives inside the spring.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #29
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Next to the washer and dryer like a boss
and you know this maaan!

I'm glad I don't work out of the garage anymore haha

Old 09-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #30
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed the wack UCA when he posted the pic, then realized this is a homemade death trap, so many things that are wrong, just really wrong...

Like others have stated, I would refuse a ride...with that kind of extra strain something is bending under load...wondering if the OP has wheeled this hard yet, I have my doubts about the first jump, large bump/boulder/crevasse etc...

OMG

Old 09-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #31
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Coilovers imply that the spring is mounted to the shock, it appears from the pictures (to me at least) that they aren't connected but that the shock still lives inside the spring.
Initial Coil spring suspension had the coil mounted next to the shock (ie the "not a coil over" pic). Any suspension with a coil mounted over the shock (ie stock suspension) is a "coil over" suspension. That pic can be dissieving due to the bump stops mounted inside the coil.

Either way, I was initially just trying to be a small dick, not make this a discussion...

On topic, OP i think your issue is your springs are sagging; stiffer springs should help. Im hesitant to give this advice as the REAL issue is your setup is ghetto. You ever jump this? I hope not...

Old 09-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #32
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
you should jump it. everything will line up after

Old 09-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #33
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
That is the sketchiest LT job I have ever seen and why would you not get proper parts for it, fabtech for coilovers seems sketchy as well

Old 09-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #34
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Am I late?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
that means your front track is 6" wider than stock, huge strain on front end components, I would be checking for other worn out parts...

other than the 'look', what advantage to running so wide and weird?

My truck is 7" wider...google "Long Travel" and let the knowledge flow.
Or hell...just check out the DEDICATED SECTION on TW here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...el-suspension/

Old 09-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #35
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Am I late?

My truck is 7" wider...google "Long Travel" and let the knowledge flow.
Or hell...just check out the DEDICATED SECTION on TW here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...el-suspension/
Yes I was waiting for you

Old 09-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #36
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
dear god

Old 09-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #37
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Top notch

Old 09-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #38
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
unless youre a professional, youre not going to see if youre frame is fucked. if you havent carfaxed it, do that too. more than likely previous owner crashed it, fucked up the front end, then used the existing parts to create the mongoloid lt kit you now have. buying a proven kit probably wont help if your frame is fucked.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #39
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
I've seen better kits from ZZR

Old 09-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #40
IbeamsFTW is on a distinguished road

IbeamsFTW's Tacoma Gallery

Closed Thread