1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Billet/MESH grills are good???

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Motoman423, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Sep 29, 2013 at 4:36 PM
    Motoman423

Motoman423 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    SO CAL
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma PreRunner DC
    TKO off road wheels Biltstien ZA HD shocks front and rear Flowmaster Delta flow 40 series cat back Flowmaster exhaust tip Full tint Truck Champ running/nerf bars 265/75/ LT16 tires Falken Rocky Mountain ATS tires Blacked out TRD emblems 2006+ Tacoma emblems/Badges tough country traction bars etc...
    Hey guys I am looking for a mesh/billet grill for my truck, that is pretty easy to install and comes with all necessary hardware and such. What are your guy's suggestions? links would be greatly appreciated. I keep looking at grills on ebay and on most of them they dont come with hardware and you have to retro fit them and stuff, i dont want any of that head ache. Thanks in advance:D!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Sep 29, 2013 at 5:25 PM
    paranoid56

paranoid56 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    14 double cab taco
    grillcraft is nice, but expenisve.

3. Sep 29, 2013 at 6:02 PM
    Valsmere

Valsmere Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    EXPENSIVE
    tail gate lock, rear view mirror bracket, hood hinge brackets, and the list grows.
    This I did the same pics are up somewhere. Not hard to install either, just take your time.

4. Sep 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM
    tacomataco2

tacomataco2 A dude

Member:
    Mass
    Vehicle:
    15’ ACLB
    Some of this Some of that
    You have to 'retrofit' all first gen billet mesh grilles. You have to cut the center section out and sand it down. You could do a satoshi with generic metal mesh powder coated or painted for much cheaper. I have a grille craft and I like it but satoshis look better IMO

5. Sep 29, 2013 at 6:22 PM
    taco 2011

taco 2011 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD SR5
    Westin Bull guard,predator nerf bars, Window Tint Legal limit, Weather tech Floor mats, Weather tech smoke visors, Wet Okole seat covers, OEM Roof Racks, Reverse Camera, Pace Edwards Full Metal Jack Rabbit Cover,Dyno power locking tailgate Trd alloy wheels, Dunlop at tires JL Stealthbox, JL custom fit molding kit, Directed Audio 500 watt amp, LCI adaptor. More mods to come.
    http://www.carid.com/ got my grill craft from there.
    Just realized you are driving a first gen. I'm not sure if they will have anything for that.

6. Sep 29, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    Mr. Biscuits

Mr. Biscuits gentleman and a scholar

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    - OME suspension - Custom front/rear tube bumpers - 33x12.5r15 BFG KOs - Deckplate mod + AFE reusable filter - Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, chopped before leaf spring - Toyota Horns emblem by Diaz Fabrication - Pioneer stereo and new speakers + 10" sub - camper shell
    PM Homertaco for some mesh he's got a few choices and then check out the "1st gen satoshi thread and do satoshi grille it's the best choice in grille modifications.

7. Sep 30, 2013 at 12:31 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Five posts to get through before Homer's name comes up? you people are slow tonight

8. Sep 30, 2013 at 5:30 AM
    Motoman423

Motoman423 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    SO CAL
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma PreRunner DC
    TKO off road wheels Biltstien ZA HD shocks front and rear Flowmaster Delta flow 40 series cat back Flowmaster exhaust tip Full tint Truck Champ running/nerf bars 265/75/ LT16 tires Falken Rocky Mountain ATS tires Blacked out TRD emblems 2006+ Tacoma emblems/Badges tough country traction bars etc...
    Thanks everyone for the info! I think I will e mail homer and ho that route. I looked up the satoshi grill and that's the look I was thinking of in my head. Thanks guys again very much.

Products Discussed in

To Top